i30 Owners Club

Aftermarket wiper blades (front and rear) ?

KKOM · 5 · 2440

Offline KKOM

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      Heraklion
Hi to everybody,
After 2 years and 3 months and 55.000 km the blades start to show their age...
On my quick search on WEB I found the VALEO as the best.
Any suggestions?

Offline sparki30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Kent

• Kent England. 1.6CRDI Premium
In the UK Hyundai give 2 year warranty on wiper blades, may be worth checking with your Greek dealer.

Offline saunaman

• 3rd Gear

• fi Finland
      Marttila
In the UK Hyundai give 2 year warranty on wiper blades, may be worth checking with your Greek dealer.

Whoa! It has never crossed my mind that there might be any warranty for wiper blades... 2 years sounds pretty long warranty for something that I'm used to change every six months.

I usually change the blades (at latest) when they start leaving wet stripes to the windscreen. The change takes place typically in october for winter and april-may for summer. New blades in october ensure best visibility in wet and dark autumn weathers. I need to change the blades also after winter as they are no longer good to my standards - frequent deep freezes and salty stuff will wear out the blades pretty well...

I have used several brands (Bosch, Valeo, Champion and various cheapos) and come into conclusion that the expensive ones loose their best edge in 6 months as well as do the cheaper ones. Never kept wiper blades longer than a year, so I cannot comment on their durability for longer time... I usually pick some mid-priced blades, they'll be ok for half a year.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
mine still seem ok after almost 2 years...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline KKOM

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      Heraklion
mine still seem ok after almost 2 years...
I said that they start look their age but they are not dieing...!
Any way I found on ebay a original set front a rear and some day next week I will pass by from the dealer to ask the price and if it is small difference I will buy from here.And as I do always I keep the old set and I use for summer time and on autumn I use the "winter" one

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal