i30 Owners Club

2014 1.8 trophy edition unable to start

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Guess what guys... had my car diagnosed today. Turned out to be an ecu issue. Current car’s ecu needed an upgrade! Apparently this is more recent on the ecu upgrade. On hind side, I’m glad there is no serious issue.
:faint: We were really close  :Pout: :crazy2: Just proves ultimately we had a guess.

Now the interesting thing is if a software update was required does that mean there's something in the data that  adapts with the age / distance that goes out of whack?

I guess they did not elaborate on what the update was or what the package was designed to fix?? 

I would think they'd have to access the Hyundai database to download the update and flash the ECU?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Only $4.40 tram ride to the city. Haha fixed for now and I hope nothing crop up.  :crazy1:
That's awesome. Better than the hundreds some were speculating on Facebook.   :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lolavolta

• 2nd Gear

• Victoria
No they didn’t elaborate much except it needed an upgrade.
  • I30

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Only $4.40 tram ride to the city. Haha fixed for now and I hope nothing crop up.  :crazy1:
That's awesome. Better than the hundreds some were speculating on Facebook.   :goodjob:

Two Techies scratching their head.

Yes awesome outcome.  :goodjob2:

Dazz next time you are on Facebook, could you tell your talented speculators the "outcome",  then ask them 'how come?'

:whistler:

• FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal