i30 Owners Club

5.3 / 100K in sydney

Lakes · 6 · 2368

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I have 5,080k up now and got 5.3L / 100K in sydney traffic this week. i just filled the tank right up as after work tomorrow i'm going out west for the weekend. i'll check my economy and what speeds i mostly sit on, then next week will have a system similar to Thumpers fitted. then the week after that i'm racing my bike that weekend, the one after that i'll go out west and check economy again to see what happens.
cheers

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yeah, Me too John.

Will get round to an exhaust mod sooner rather than later... :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I got back from my trip did 835K round trip i had tank filled to the brim when i left, was a lot of traffic all the way to Katoomba ( as normal ) i just drove on speed limit useing my GPS was 110KPH and was over the Great Dividing Range so some twisty bits and some big climbs and desents. Rained all the way. and on way up was cold with outside temp reading 4C at one part thats the coldest it has ever read, in Sydney cold to me is 15C. well as i said i did not take it easy just drove normal and no one overtook me, had two VW 2.0 TDI and a Mazda 3 all had fancy mag wheels, but that poverty pack i30 did the job in the wet even down mount Victoria Pass , no problem with the Kumho Tyres they held on ok.
anyway i filled up at same servo same pump on my return and took 41.48L to fill to brim like when i left so i think 4.96 L / 100K. will do pipe this weekend and in three weeks do same trip same style of driving. see what i get.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi John,

Great result! Sounds like a fun drive...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi lakes,

Under the conditions you descibe, 4.9 sounds pretty good :)

I am looking foward very keenly to sse what difference the flow through pipe makes.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal