i30 Owners Club

Mirrors with indicators

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
One modification I'd like to do is fit the rear vision mirrors that have the indicators in them (like the cw), to my SLX hatch.
Has anyone done this and if so, where did you source the parts? I'm in Perth W.A.
Not being handy myself, would I take it to an auto electrician to fit?
  • Tertius the i30

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
go into ebay and type in hyundai i30,and look in there.there are some there. three diferent styles,but not cheep. :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Thanks, I'll have a look
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
did you end up finding wing mirrors and instal them on your car?

If not, Recently I had just been looking around and now have warmed to the genesis style wing mirrors

Through a bit of research, I can get this item posted to Sydney, Australia for $90USD (item cost) + $40USD p&h [~$155AUD] compared to koreanautoimports.com which are selling them for $199.95USD [~$240AUD] not including p&h

The source is http://kr100464726.trustpass.alibaba.com/product/106076924-101312206/Hyundai_i30_LED_side_mirror_cover.html who is the company who manufacture the item (HI Motors CO)

I wonder if we could get a group buy going and possibly get these items for cheaper than the $90 for people in Aust.? That IS if people like the genesis style (more expensive according to koreanautoimports.com) compared to the 5 LED globe ones (cheaper)

That is just my .02c is people are interested  :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for that link. I like the look of them too but don't think i'll bother going to that trouble updating my 18 month old i30..  :cool:

I would imagine some of our younger member who have just got their cars may want to follow that lead  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
at 42 I'm one of the younger members dazz  :lol:i couldn't resist that sorry.i like them. :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

No worries m8.. anyway, I've got them already... (in my avatar  :wink:)

bez10y
I'm almost 40 and I think they are sweet :)

Link, include me in any group purchase of a set of those, Continental Silver please.

I do have one question though, does the older i30's have the wiring for them, I don't really want to dick about if possible, though I could get an auto-electrician to do it.

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

I am currently waiting for the guy to reply and I am not sure whether he will be able to provide a cheaper price for group purchases...waiting to see what he says and if so, how many people min. we need

Also have to ask if its painted or primed >< one thing i forgot to ask so far, will ask that once he replies. I have linked him to the forum, so maybe he might be able to give a discount to the forum. Not sure yet. Just waiting on his reply.

Thanks for your interest so far!

Offline karhung

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Caroline Springs

Offline hayseed

• 3rd Gear
I would also be interested! I would then just need to figure out how on earth I'd get them installed. XD

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

Sweet! Interest is going up! I got a reply from Michael Shen and currently asking whether the wing mirrors come painted/primed

Thank you very much for your kindly information.
If you will sell on your Forum. then we can supply at our exporting price.
10 set to 30sets: USD70
Over 31 sets to 50sets : USD65
over 51sets : USD60

And we can supply any other i30 products like rear spoiler, body kit, spoiler and the other products.

But right now , it seems that I will most probably have to pull out of this purchase as the share house I am staying in was broken into while my housemate and I were out and most of our electronics were stolen..  :'( ..need to head back up and assess damage and see what has been stolen so far (hopefully not too much...)

If someone is interested in taking over, I can pass the contacts and all details on

Also, these prices are available for anyone other than Australia, so everyone else can plan a group buy as well

bez10y
Damn Link, stuff the indicators, I hope you can get all your stuff back :(

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sorry to hear that link...  :'( Hopefully not too much of your stuff is gone...)

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

not too much was stolen as I didn't leave that much here (newcastle)...but my laptop and some of the things i left were stolen...oh wells...

looks like i need to hold back from this purchase..will try and contact the seller and see if we can use a code basis rather than having to bulk buy and redistribute as I can't afford it at this time T_T but that basis will work for people in countries other than aust. though

sorry for the changes in plans everyone ><

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Unlucky link mate. Least the car remained and you weren't hurt.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal