i30 Owners Club

I'm now the owner of a brand new HYUNDAI I30 SE 1.6 CRDi

Offline cdgeorge

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Norfolk
OK, some of you may have seen my road noise complaint post - this is now a fresh new post reviewing this car as an official owner.

TBH - I bought this car based on value for money rather than specifically wanting a Hyundai - I actually wanted the SEAT 1.2 TSi but the value of the i30 was too good to miss - so here I am lumbered with it :)

You should all know for starters that my new i30 came with Michelin Energy rather than Hankook tyres which might explain why the road noise was far better than I remembered from a previous test drive (the test car had Hankook tyres fitted).

Economy was excellent picking the car up from London area then driving it 130 miles home to Norfolk - the trip computer (if correct) showed I averaged 66 MPG.

Anyway as time progresses I will report on the good, the bad and the ugly - that's two goods so far.
  • Hyundai i30 SE 1.6 Diesel BlueDrive

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Splendid :goodjob:

Your thread is probably better off in our Testimonials section... hold on to the rail while we slide over...
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline piotr

• 1st Gear

• be Belgium
Good to hear that!

I did change tyres for the winter and and I can confirm that the noise has gone.
Up to 130km/h we enjoy the ride in quietness.

Here in Belgium, i30 tourer have Continental summer tyres (at least mine had). They're more refined than Hankook but still Michelin or Goodyear might be more refined.

For the winter Continental WinterTyres are really awesome and I can recommend.

Seat Leon is kinda of inferior vw golf brother and I would never exchange it for the i30. You feel inside it's a category B product. Same applies for Skoda.

I drove golf 7 & audi a3 sportback for 1 year and I don't really miss them (maybe a3 a little bit ;)). Don't say they're worse but during test drive with Skoda, we simply said no after 20 minutes.
  • i30 tourer 2015

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I think most of us had an eye on value for money, I definitely did.  Had mine for six trouble free (touch wood) years and it still rides like new...

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I think most of us had an eye on value for money, I definitely did.  Had mine for six trouble free (touch wood) years and it still rides like new...

I thought you'd been married for longer than that, Asa?   :undecided:
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal