i30 Diesel filter replacement Guide and other service stuff

melfes · 20 · 11731

Offline melfes

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      sydney
Hi All,

Im new to the forum!

Just found a very useful link online re i30 diesel filter replacement, as i was doing research in the ongoing costs of owning one.
https://sites.google.com/site/instroe/i30-cdri-diesel-fuel-filter-replacement

After all the diligence and also the paranoid back n forth mind swaying process (cant decide whether to put my faith on Hyundai),
it finally comes to me that i30 wins in every way.
1, called some independent car mechanics incl Kmart Auto and the feedback is, i30 is absolutely on par with Corolla and Hyundai has come a long long way to improve.
2, value wise, unbeatable, 5 yr unlimited w'ty, capped servicing, above all, 15k or 1 yr service interval!
3, best geared among all the potential rivals at the lowest price

In a nutshell, if you have faith in the reliability of Hyundai, i30 is a winner in every aspect, i mean it literally EVERY (considering its price).

• i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Welcome to our little forum, melfes... :drinks:

That guide you found was actually done by one of our members... :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome melfes .. So did you buy one or not?

Sounds like you are still debating but it says i30 in your signature.  :confused:

They are a great car and although you can still score a lemon (like any brand) most owners are delighted with their choice  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :welcome:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline melfes

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      sydney

Sounds like you are still debating but it says i30 in your signature.  :confused:

They are a great car and although you can still score a lemon (like any brand) most owners are delighted with their choice  :goodjob:

Not I havent but will settle it before this financial year, so very soon and very excited!
Have done so much research and it all seems to point me back to my first choice--i30 and yes diesel!!
I am negotiating the price betwn several dealers; what driveaway price do you guys reckon for i30 Diesel Auto Active?
  • i30

Offline melfes

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      sydney
Welcome to our little forum, melfes... :drinks:

That guide you found was actually done by one of our members... :goodjob:

guess it just proves how awesome n resourceful this forum is...!!
  • i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

guess it just proves how awesome n resourceful this forum is...!!

You're only saying that 'coz it's true.  :happydance:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline jaspa

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      S E Queensland
Hi,
While my i30 has run ok for 120k,I have had a fair few other issues which have luckily been repaired under warranty.I am at the mo dealing with a long term issue the vehicle has had with no satisfaction from hyundai yet.
For me there is a big ? on the longevity of these  vehicles(diesel)
I woudnt buy another one.
  • 2008 i30 crdi

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

I am at the mo dealing with a long term issue the vehicle has had with no satisfaction from hyundai yet.

Can i ask what the issue is?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Here you go, Lester....  :)

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=22425.msg240672#msg240672

Thanks

Not a good sign having bits and bobs swimming around the engine
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Not I havent but will settle it before this financial year, so very soon and very excited!
Have done so much research and it all seems to point me back to my first choice--i30 and yes diesel!!
I am negotiating the price betwn several dealers; what driveaway price do you guys reckon for i30 Diesel Auto Active?

It seems to vary State to State and month to month...

My suggestion is to go to Carsales.com and search for your preferred model (lowest price first)

This should give you something to aim for  :cool:

With regards to jaspa's issues, fortunately they are very much the exception rather than the rule  :sweating:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW

Based on reviews and personal experience I would think the diesel go better than petrol. I see reviews keep popping up saying the petrol i30 doesn't have enough low rpm torque but when I compare it to the diesel, that's a complete different story. There's a downside to it though, you have to replace the engine oil every 6month or 7,500km which increases the maintenance fee a bit. The diesel will suit you best if you are somewhat after some performance rather than cost. It will take you few years to earn back the extra thousands you paid for a diesel. But if you aim to keep it for a long time (10yrs+?), definitely diesel.

I drive an i30 active diesel auto. I got mine last year august (NSW). It was priced 20,750 for the active model, then 2,000 extra for auto, 3,000 extra for diesel. Metalic colour came as free but you should try and ask for more freebies (custom plates, tint, carpet etc.) Oh and capped service pricing, i think that's pretty important. Mine's 228 which i think it's fair.

Back on topic: Thanks for the link! I was thinking about doing an intermediate oil change myself and save some bucks. Should also thank Steve for making the guide too  :D

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
There's a downside to it though, you have to replace the engine oil every 6month or 7,500km which increases the maintenance fee a bit.

Standard services are every 12 months or 15,000k for the diesel, same as the petrol, Rickai.... :whistler:
The optional services (for both petrol & diesel) are every 6 months/7500k....recommended if the vehicle is used under harsh conditions.

Offline melfes

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      sydney

Based on reviews and personal experience I would think the diesel go better than petrol. I see reviews keep popping up saying the petrol i30 doesn't have enough low rpm torque but when I compare it to the diesel, that's a complete different story. There's a downside to it though, you have to replace the engine oil every 6month or 7,500km which increases the maintenance fee a bit. The diesel will suit you best if you are somewhat after some performance rather than cost. It will take you few years to earn back the extra thousands you paid for a diesel. But if you aim to keep it for a long time (10yrs+?), definitely diesel.

I drive an i30 active diesel auto. I got mine last year august (NSW). It was priced 20,750 for the active model, then 2,000 extra for auto, 3,000 extra for diesel. Metalic colour came as free but you should try and ask for more freebies (custom plates, tint, carpet etc.) Oh and capped service pricing, i think that's pretty important. Mine's 228 which i think it's fair.

Back on topic: Thanks for the link! I was thinking about doing an intermediate oil change myself and save some bucks. Should also thank Steve for making the guide too  :D

No probs mate.
A very important reason I go for I30 over corolla is coz of the long service interval.
So you paid 25k all up?
  • i30

Offline melfes

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      sydney

It seems to vary State to State and month to month...

My suggestion is to go to Carsales.com and search for your preferred model (lowest price first)

This should give you something to aim for  :cool:

With regards to jaspa's issues, fortunately they are very much the exception rather than the rule  :sweating:

Will do.  Cheers!
  • i30

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
There's a downside to it though, you have to replace the engine oil every 6month or 7,500km which increases the maintenance fee a bit.

Standard services are every 12 months or 15,000k for the diesel, same as the petrol, Rickai.... :whistler:
The optional services (for both petrol & diesel) are every 6 months/7500k....recommended if the vehicle is used under harsh conditions.

Oops, yea sorry, forgot that it's optional. Everyone who had a diesel kept telling me 15,000km/1 yr is too long for diesel so I got used to the idea of frequent oil change. Thanks for correcting  :p

No probs mate.
A very important reason I go for I30 over corolla is coz of the long service interval.
So you paid 25k all up?

Yep, but it was last year.. so... I expect some slight difference in the pricing? Mine was also MY2012, perhaps your would be MY13 with some extra tweaks and fixes I presume?

The new Corolla imo is the ugliest thing I ever seen, looks like a beaver. The leg room and boot space is no where as roomy as the i30. Priced higher than i30. Only thing that I find it good about it is the reputation of the series and brand.

Offline coolbzk

• 2nd Gear
The webpage looks really handy to me, thanks melfes!
  • i30 slx wagon

Offline rumcajs

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Addy, SA
I wouldn't mind actually contacting the author of said guides and correct some of his assumptions just to make it a little bit more accurate.
Kudos to him for taking the time out to produce those guides, certainly a handy reference for those brave DIY folks.

Cheers
  • i30 SX MY11

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal