i30 Owners Club

Looking to buy an i30

Offline spludgey

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I'm quite interested in the i30, looks like a good little car and would suit us well.
Ideally, I'd like a Tourer, as I could do with that little bit more storage. However, it's a non-negotiable requirement of my wife's that the colour is dark blue. I haven't seen them in dark blue, do they exist?
That brings me to the next question, which blue is dark blue? Santorini or Dazzling? It looks like Dazzling is metallic while Santorini isn't, is that right?

Finally, I'm in Sydney Australia, we don't get the 1.4L version down here, do we? Because that'd definitely be adequate for me.
  • i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'm quite interested in the i30, looks like a good little car and would suit us well.
Ideally, I'd like a Tourer, as I could do with that little bit more storage. However, it's a non-negotiable requirement of my wife's that the colour is dark blue. I haven't seen them in dark blue, do they exist?
That brings me to the next question, which blue is dark blue? Santorini or Dazzling? It looks like Dazzling is metallic while Santorini isn't, is that right?

Finally, I'm in Sydney Australia, we don't get the 1.4L version down here, do we? Because that'd definitely be adequate for me.

Welcome Spludgey.

Last question 1st, you are correct we don't get the 1.4 here. The Tourer is no longer imported due to exchange rates and poor sales (well they weren't too bad, but a lot less than the hatch because they weren't "specialed" out and were already a few thousand dearer to start with.)

They came to Australia with 1.6 diesel and 1.6 petrol motors. Both are economical with the diesel being slightly more frugal and with more pull up the hills. They do have a more useable boot space but the difference over the hatch isn't a deal breaker.

The Hatch comes in 1.6 Diesel, 1.8 Petrol and 2.0 Petrol (the majority would be 1.8 petrol - that is the one that gets specialed out the most.

The Darkest Blue available in the tourer is Aqua Blue

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Aqua+blue+i30&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjVt67srObSAhVBPZQKHT89CokQ_AUIBigB&biw=1366&bih=662#tbm=isch&q=Aqua+blue+i30+Tourer&*

(although there was a small batch at the end a bit darker) Ash Blue I think it might have been called.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Ash+Blue+i30&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj09-zRrubSAhXJW5QKHVIqBywQ_AUICCgB&biw=1366&bih=662

I think Dazzling Blue and Satorini Blue are both Metallic (but couldn't be sure) only available in the hatch anyway.

Good luck with your search anyway (they are a great car)

If you are flush with funds you could wait and see what colours the new PD series comes in (launched next month) "watch this space!"

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline spludgey

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Thanks very much for all the info!

Looks like the aqua is unfortunately not dark enough. Currently, there don't seem to be any ash blue ones on sale (except three that I doubt actually exist).

So if I have to go for the hatch, which one of the two is the darker blue (hopefully I'll get an objective answer from you as to which colour to get, given your name  :D).
  • i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :rofl: To be honest I'm not sure. I think they are very similar and both quite dark navy blue metallics...

We have had quite a few blue cars but ironically MY Wife doesn't like those darker blues as much as I do...  :crazy1:

The Tourer in my Signature picture is the WIfe's Aqua Blue Tourer it is a medium blue. The Google search shows a mix of colours.

I have asked a member with an Ash Blue tourer to post some Pictures when he gets a chance, but as you say they will be scarce.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal