i30 Owners Club

i30 puddle lights

RICHT · 14 · 7004

Offline RICHT

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Hi
Just bought my first Hyundai, 2013 active blue drive CRD, and very pleased with it, just one problem. On the bottom of the front doors are what I take to be the puddle lights, but I cannot get them to come on. When should they come on? Are there any switches or settings that need to be changed?

Thanks
  • i30 Active Blue drive CRD

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I'm not familiar with those puddle lights but I thought they were under the side mirrors. Plenty of aftermarket lights attach to the bottoms of the doors and are activated by distancing from magnets stuck to the sills by the front seats.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Photo would help id them.

What colour are they?

On my car, if red colour, then just reflectors
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline yodm

• 3rd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel

• the older I get, the faster I was
 :whsaid:
just reflectors. I had a thought of replacing it with lights, just a thought though.
  • I30 CW 2010 1.6 petrol auto

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust
On my 2012 i30 Premy they are built into the front door handles & turn on when you approach the car door, not sure if there is any under door though - maybe after 5 years, time to check.
Going out for dinner tonight so good time to see maybe?
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Neville... Since I said to a new member we had very few active members in NSW, you folks have been popping up regularly!  :crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust
Just checked this evening, when car approached, small light illuminates front door handles & another under side mirrors light up the ground.
There is a relector on the bottom edge of door trim but no illumintaion in mine.

PS If I can add more detail to posts I'm happy to but others seem to be more knowledgable than I.
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Thanks for checking. If puddle lights are required when not fitted, eBay has aftermarket types. They tend to be battery operated but if I were to fit them, I'd adapt them as wired in.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thanks for checking. If puddle lights are required when not fitted, eBay has aftermarket types. They tend to be battery operated but if I were to fit them, I'd adapt them as wired in.
You can get Hyundai logo projected versions :link: 4X For Hyundai Logo Car Auto Ground Puddle Shadow Light Door Lamp LED Projector | eBay

or Batman  :D :link: 4X For Batman Logo Car Auto Ground Puddle Shadow Light Door Lamp LED Projector | eBay

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I have wondered whether you can just remove the logo lenses and have a plain light :lol:

Offline Devo

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
In my i30 GD premium there is an LED puddle lamp in the door handle and under the mirror.
In short if they are not working there is a fuss labeled puddle lamp beside the steering wheel. You’ll probably meet to replace that.
Mine stopped working about 6 months ago and Hyundai had no clue the light existed or how to fix it and wanted to charge me an hourly rate to problem solve it. After reading section after section of my booklet I decided one last try I’d check the fuse list... sure enough there it is. I just replaced it and we’re back in action.
  • 2012 GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol, 1.8lt, Auto, Black

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
In my i30 GD premium there is an LED puddle lamp in the door handle and under the mirror.
In short if they are not working there is a fuss labeled puddle lamp beside the steering wheel. You’ll probably meet to replace that.
Mine stopped working about 6 months ago and Hyundai had no clue the light existed or how to fix it and wanted to charge me an hourly rate to problem solve it. After reading section after section of my booklet I decided one last try I’d check the fuse list... sure enough there it is. I just replaced it and we’re back in action.

You have a premium, the OP an active and I doubt he has them at all but as he/she posted about it years ago we may never know.
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Welcome Devo, thanks for your input. It all adds to our pool of knowledge.   :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Welcome Devo, thanks for your input. It all adds to our pool puddle of knowledge.   
:whistler:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal