i30 Owners Club

I30 SW queries

Offline Simonsdvd

• 1st Gear

• fr France
      Normandy

• English but live in France
I have 3 comments / Queries

I have bought an I30 SW in France (Where I live) 

1.  I heve had fiited by the supplier (Hyundai Normandy in Rouen) a removable tow hook.  Unfortunately when it is fitted the reversing warning thinks I am only a few centimetres from running into something and goes berserk!  Can I do anything about this?

2.  In heavy rain/spray conditions I have a warning that the front camera (sensor?) is not working.  Does anybody else have this problrm?

3.  How do I update the Satnav system.  The French have just reduced to 90 kmh speed limit to 80!  Do I have to go to a dealers to get the map updated?

Other than these quibbles I am delighted with the car.  It has been used to replace our previous 2 cars, A Renault Laguna coupĂ© and a Hyundai I30 SW.  We have just returned from a holiday in the Bavarian Alps and a side trip to Budapest.  The car performed flawlessly.
  • I30 136 BHP DCT-7 SW Creative

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Simon,

Sounds like the installer needs to recalibrate the rear sensors to compensate for the towbar.

The Camera/sensor can malfunction when dirty or very wet, but worth checking with Hyundai dealer in your area if there is an update to software to make this less sensitive.

The Satnav will be a harder fix. Built in Satnav (in all brands) are notoriously slow to get updates. The software mapping is usually supplied by a 3rd party. By the time the third party gets around to doing an update then communicates that update to the manufacturer and eventually shared to individual dealers you can be looking at 18 months or more out of date.

For example, My previous car a GM product (Holden) still had the wrong speed limits in some areas after 3 years. My 2017 i30 appears to use the same maps and some limits are wrong as well. :undecided:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal