i30 Owners Club

Resetting service interval

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Long time away since buying the Tucson and i20 but looking for help from the knowledgable on here as i20 forums aren't so densely populated!

My wife's 2015 1.4 SE i20 is away on loan to our grand daughter and she tells me that there is now a beep-beep-beep every time she starts the car but the are no warning lights showing.

I did the last service in June 2019 and reset the service for another 10000 miles and 12 months. It hasn't done 10000 miles since but has reached the 12 month limit but the 'service due' warning hasn't popped up on starting. I think the beep is the service warning and, if so, I want to tell her how to reset it but cannot remember how I did it last time and haven't got  the car to play around.  The car has steering wheels controls with cruise control buttons but all the web guides show the base model without c/c so the sequence doesn't work on this model.

So, does anyone know how to reset the i20 service interval? It has been suggested that dealers lock access to this setting but it hasn't been to a dealer since I reset it a year ago.

Many thanks, I may be changing my Tucson back to an  i30 soon.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcomeback: Nice to hear from you. Sorry I can't help with this one.  :Pout:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
This any good?

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
This any good?

:link: Hyundai i20 Service Interval Reset - YouTube

Thank you.  That's one of several I've tried but the button layout is not the same as my i20 with cruise control.

However, I did find another link which, despite poor quality video and no sound (it's in a foreign language anyway, actually shows how to do it.

Reset i20 service warning

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Glad you got sorted. I must say the vid you posted looks to show the same CC layout as that which I posted.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Glad you got sorted. I must say the vid you posted looks to show the same CC layout as that which I posted.

Apologies, you are correct.    :goodjob:  I posted the wrong link - I have a few but now can't find the one I need. Now sorted so it doesn't matter.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal