i30 Owners Club

Rear view mirror placement adjustment .

Misha · 5 · 10766

Offline Misha

• 2nd Gear
  • Sir Newb

• au Australia
      ACT
Looking for advise on how to / what type of adhesive to use. I wish to remove the rear view mirror , and move it upwards , as it blocks line of sight for both the wife and I , as we are both tall.

It’s a Suzuki SX4 2009, which already has a huge blind spot from the A pillars, so any more vision I can get while driving is going to be helpful.

free image server

The silly A pillars :/
  • 2010 DIESEL 1.6lt CRDi (BUILT MAY 10), AUTO SLX FD5DSLX16D31, black

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
That's unfortunate. The sunshade region is also not suitable for mounting it any higher, I would think, so gluing onto that would not be ideal. Can you remove the mirror from the glued base? Is there a screw or bolt where the mirror is adjusted than can lead to separation?

If so, an extension bracket will provide you the flexibility to situate the mirror all the way up to touching the ceiling. If that were the case, all you need is a good set of pictures, measurements and a member with a 3D printer.  :whistler:

:link: The 3D models of TheAussieGonz
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 03:35:28 by The Gonz »
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You can buy 3m windscreen mirror mount adhesive on eBay, probably Supercheap also.

Won’t be an issue sticking it to the windscreens shaded area as that’s where the mirror is on most cars now days, I’ve also got my camera stuck there  :)

Offline Misha

• 2nd Gear
  • Sir Newb

• au Australia
      ACT
Hmmm, couldn't find anywhere in australia for the 3M stuff, only amazon us with 20+aud shipping.
Found this stuff tho : :link: LOCTITE MA2 REAR VIEW MIRROR GLUE ADHESIVE BONDS MIRROR BRACKET TO WINDSCREEN 9310743000603 | eBay

Looking at the reviews I think the Loctite might be better than the cheap stuff at supercheap/repco : :link: DynaGrip Rear View Mirror Adhesive - 0.9mL | Supercheap Auto
  • 2010 DIESEL 1.6lt CRDi (BUILT MAY 10), AUTO SLX FD5DSLX16D31, black

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Like this :link: 3M Self Adhesive Windscreen Mounts Heavy Duty Double Sided Tape 30x30mm 3cmx3cm | eBay

More here :link: VHB 5952 | eBay

Car audio shops will stock it as well, they use it when mounting dashcams.

If I had extra I'd send you some but this is my last piece

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 04:52:00 by CraigB »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal