i30 Owners Club

52,000km service

2i30s · 13 · 3887

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
well i took my hatch for its 52,000km service yesterday even though shes only done 48,000kms.  :mrgreen:  the service cost me $225 and she was given a clean bill of health.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:  i only had to wait an hour and a half even though the service dept was flat out due to it being a Saturday morning.  :razz: 
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

Perhaps the service technician knew what he was doing and there were no unexpected faults,  :happydance: or he skipped some of it.  :'(

Hopefully it was the former  :goodjob2: :mrgreen:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
How did you get to a 52,000 km service?
Mine went 45,0000 & 60,000.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
we get our services done every six months/7,500kms,the next one is six months or at 60,000kms.  :winker:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

Perhaps the service technician knew what he was doing and there were no unexpected faults,  :happydance: or he skipped some of it.  :'(

Hopefully it was the former  :goodjob2: :mrgreen:
i have an itemised receipt Phil,so if he's cut corners it will bite him on the arse down the track.  :idea:  the stamp and date in your service booklet doesn't tell you bugger all,but the itemised receipt is your full service history and I've got every single one for each car from new.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:50:03 by 2i30s »

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 this is slightly off topic,but.  :whistler:   you may remember that i mentioned changing a timing belt on the sons girlfriends car recently. we had the service history on the car [ the factory service booklet in the glovebox] but didn't have any service receipts to know exactly what had or hadn't been done on the car from new.  :wacko: she bought the car with full service history from the dealership that had sold it new and had performed all of its servicing. but, and here is the big but,without the itemised service receipts we couldn't determine exactly what had been done during these services,and because she isn't the original owner they cant give out that information,[privacy act] what a joke.  :fum: a full service history in my opinion is receipts matching the service booklet,receipts stating all parts replaced during a scheduled service and work carried out for a warranty claim,that's full service history. IMO.  :mrgreen:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
this is slightly off topic,but.  :whistler:   you may remember that i mentioned changing a timing belt on the sons girlfriends car recently. we had the service history on the car [ the factory service booklet in the glovebox] but didn't have any service receipts to know exactly what had or hadn't been done on the car from new.  :wacko: she bought the car with full service history from the dealership that had sold it new and had performed all of its servicing. but, and here is the big but,without the itemised service receipts we couldn't determine exactly what had been done during these services,and because she isn't the original owner they cant give out that information,[privacy act] what a joke.  :fum: a full service history in my opinion is receipts matching the service booklet,receipts stating all parts replaced during a scheduled service and work carried out for a warranty claim,that's full service history. IMO.  :mrgreen:
Just on the timing belt issue, most non-dealer mechanics I know use a felt marker or something to write the date of replacement on the outside of the cover so it can be readily seen into the future. I say "felt marker" and it is but usually it's one of those tyre lettering pens in gold or white which has a long effective life.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

A lesson I guess, next time get the owner to get those print outs for you before you buy.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

A lesson I guess, next time get the owner to get those print outs for you before you buy.
or just leave them in the service schedule book in the glovebox.  :wink:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Just on the timing belt issue, most non-dealer mechanics I know use a felt marker or something to write the date of replacement on the outside of the cover so it can be readily seen into the future. I say "felt marker" and it is but usually it's one of those tyre lettering pens in gold or white which has a long effective life.
Ive done the same thing in the past,especially on a new battery.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
How can you have a privacy law relating to a motor vehicle. We don't want to know what was paid by an individual, just the work performed.

This is ridiculous. :fum:

How do you invade a car's privacy anyhow  :question:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Pip
I always write dates on filters etc. It's so easy and useful I don't know why everyone doesn't.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal