i30 Owners Club

Ipod problems

DTY01 · 15 · 10453

Offline DTY01

• 2nd Gear
I am having some "issues" when I use my Ipod Classic 30Gb. The stereo will only play about a dozen songs and the names will appear as just random letters. I have close to a thousand songs but can't get more than a dozen to work???? I am using the USB cable that came with the Ipod, is that my problem??? Please help!!

Offline i30mania

• 3rd Gear

• tr Turkey
      Istanbul,Turkey

• Proud Owner Since 2007
are you using the original white ipod cable?
you should use the cable which is supplied by hyundai.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=903&hilit=ipod+cable
  • Opel Insignia 1.6Turbo

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
I am using an iPod Classic (120GB version) and use the original cable that came with the iPod for charging and transferring songs/videos onto it.

If you tell iTunes NOT to organise your music, then dump the songs onto the iPod, the i30 will only show "Folder xx" "Track WXYZ"

I have no problems with it playing all the songs (On random) and surprise surprise the i30 will continue playing from where it left off when you turn the engine off.

Which folder have you put your music into, on the iPod?

Offline DTY01

• 2nd Gear
Ihave told Itunes not to be the default player for my songs. Is that the reason for not playing all the tracks? What you described (thumper) is what I am experiencing so by what you have said if I make Itunes the default player that should fix my problem, hopefuly that does it.
Thahks

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
I have told iTunes NOT to organise my music. (It kinda stuffs things up)

I don't care that the i30 can't display the proper ID tags when playing from the iPod, since I just plug a 120gig laptop drive into the i30's USB port. (500GB 2.5" drives also work, but take forever to index upon first boot)

I've tried a 1TB 3.5" drive powered by a 12/240 inverter (External 1TB drive)

That works well, as long as you are prepared to wait up to 15 mins for the head unit to index every song!  :lol:

Offline DTY01

• 2nd Gear
I wouldn't mind if the stereo didn't show the song ID either but like I said it will only play about a dozen of the hundred's of songs that I have. Thats the real problem but I will try changing Itunes to default player and see what that does.

Offline DTY01

• 2nd Gear
Just tried making Itunes the default player and no change only a dozen songs no folders no names no nothun. Starting to sh#t me

Offline drew1981

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
The most simple fix to your problem is to just purchase the Ipod/aux cable from a Hyundai Dealer, it will fix all your problems.

The I30 stereo will only play MP3 and WMA files now when you just plug in your ipod via the USB cable it came with it will only see your IPOD as a mass storage device ie USB flash drive and in turn will have problems playing most of the songs on there as itunes will have converted most of your playlist into non mp3 and wma supported files hence why only some are playing, this is prob more an itunes problem but it would be the same in any vehicle you did this in, get the supported ipod cable or just dump your track list onto a USB flash drive works a treat

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
I have tested my car with an ipod 4gb/30gb classic X 2/iphone. All worked fine in terms of playing songs, however the iphone (first gen) displayed an error on its screen.

Offline mineroller

• 1st Gear

• kr Korea, Republic of
      Seoul

• D'oh..Where is my Marge?
iPod stores files within itself using those code-like file and folder names.
I got about 1500 songs, in my ipod 30G, but never had any delays in booting..

It's prolly got different code names and stuff in overseas, but just for your reference..here are the pictures of actual Hyundai iPod cable I bought here.

With hyundai cable, you also get the "cool" (cough) Hyundai logo on your ipod, depending on your model.
iPhone and Touch's will display an error message, but they work fine. (i tried with my iphone)

Offline DTY01

• 2nd Gear
Looking at the photo of the genuine cable makes me think that it is the cable that will make the difference after all. I just couldn't figure out how the cable could make any difference as I thought it was only another USB to IPOD cable. Thanks for the photo mineroller.

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
Yeah they are tricky - they get the ipod to do the actual decoding of the songs and it plays back through the AUX socket. That way all your iTunes-bought songs and anything encoded in Apples AAC/M4A etc will be playable, not just mp3's

Offline Merlot

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Hunter Valley
HI DTY01
Yes again my daughters partner is a Hyundai foreman and they have had a lot of problems with the i pods using the ipod cable but if you use the hyundai one it appears to fix the problem he said about $80 no idea why just seems to work good luck

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

• Was Crystal the i30 SR, now Courtney the Getz-tacy
The best thing to do is get rid of your ipod, delete itunes from your computer, and get a large flash drive to put your music on. I got so sick of the damn ipod i gave it away and bought a big external hard drive which sits nicely in the console and stores all the music I'll ever need (even got a couple of spoken books) and the head unit controls it perfectly.  :D

Screw ipods and the boxes they come in. :wink:

Offline DTY01

• 2nd Gear
Yeah just an update I bought a genuine cable and that fixed all my problems. Thanks for all the replies

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal