i30 Owners Club

i30 Diesel Auto slow response when cold

Offline bdennis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Guys,
I have had my i30 SLX CRDi for 7 months now and has done 11,000km.

I notice when I start it up of a morning, that if I start the car and then select D (straigh away) then the auto is slow to respond.
If I start ther car and wait 15 to 30 seconds then it responds as per normal.

Has anyone else seen this?

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
Are you giving the car time to glow before starting it?
Before starting the CRDi I always give it about 10 seconds (same with pump deuse engine in the TDI Golf)

I generally give it about 5-10 seconds to glow or when the light on the dash goes off, then I start it. Give it another 5- 10 seconds before engaging gear and then I'm off. I only do this in the morning or in the afternoon when the car has been parked at work for awhile.

When you say 'slow to respond' are you referring to the performance of the car, or the actual changing of gears?
 :)

Offline bdennis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Mate,
Yes I turn the ingition to on and let the glow light go out. Then the engine starts no issues.
Then if I dont wait for 10 seconds and just shift into D (like I do on my Territory) then the auto is very doughy. Need to rev the engine (not too much but more than normal) to get thre car to move off the line. Once going there is no issue.
If I wait 10 to 15 dsec's after the car is started the auto responds like normal and no extra rev's are needed to move it off the line.

it slike the auto needs to pump up the auto trans pressure to get things going.. Just have not experienced it on other autos. Just checking to see if it is normal on other i30's

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal