i30 Owners Club

Saving a new VCF contact to Android contacts

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi everyone,

I realise that this is WAY off topic even for a General Discussion category as it has nothing to do with cars (unless Bluetooth is involved).  I'm coming here to hopefully get the wealth of knowledge across so many topics covered as I have had no luck with google and my own efforts.

We have purchased our first Android smartphone (for the wife) in our household in amongst other iOS devices and I have one sticking point I cannot seem to solve and greatly appreciate any advice you may want to contribute with.

Apart from not being able to to use iMessage across Android and iOS without using something like Whatsapp or Viber, everything else seems to be OK in the iOS world here except when my wife asked me if I had the contact details for her to book a service for her car.

In the past I would simply hit "Share Contact" on my iOS device and either email or SMS her the contact and she would simply add this to her contacts and away she went.

It seems the Android contacts app that is part of her Xperia C3 doesn't want to be diplomatic.  The contact card arrives in her phone and you cannot click to open this and the only action is to hit save.  Even then, I try to import the VCF file and Android says that it has added it to the contacts.... but it does not appear (even if I completely turn off phone thinking it may need a refresh or something).  All her contacts are local and not part of any GMAIL account.

Going the other way from Android to iOS, there is no issue.

Anyway, at a loss as to what to do, so any help for this Android NEWB would very welcome, as I can't understand that such a simple task which people do all the time would be so tricky in the world of Android.

Thanks in advance  :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal