4-pin Bosch MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor

ElleB · 4 · 3931

Offline ElleB

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Our Elle B
I take my hat off to members knowledge out there in i30 land !! :eek:

So, as this is my first turbo car ( '09 crdi)  I an wanting to know about the MAP sensor plug. What number of pins to the current  i30's have ?
 My hunch is that it is more than 4....but if anyone can enlighten me it would be appreciated.

I wonder is an adaptor could be made to  convert the existing into a 4 pin terminal.

Thoughts?

Elle B
  • 2016 i30 CW auto

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
ummm....

what do you want to know about this for? are you trying to 'boost' it?

if you want to know, look on the top of the intercooler... im sure thats the 'map' sensor there!

Offline ElleB

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Our Elle B
Thanks for the reply...I will do some checking and talk to my service guy this week, we are up for a 30K service ( but with my oil and filter.. :wink:).
Once I see what the in's and out's are I will be able to enlighten the forum a little more.
 It could be that my idea is for the THB ( to hard basket). This is my first turbo, so I am just getting to know what is what and how it all comes together. :confused:

I will keep you posted.
  • 2016 i30 CW auto

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Assuming yours has the same sensor as on the newer U2 engine (and that's not a given) the documentation says it has a plug with 4 wires: MAPS signal, Vref (5v), IATS signal, GND.

Obviously this tells you it has the IATS sensor moulded in the same part.

Presumably you are out to increase boost pressure. I'd urge caution in making any changes to the system, THB as you say.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal