i30 Owners Club

Updating the maps

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
I read another article here about updating the maps. I checked and my maps are Q3 2011 and I find it a bit poor that they are not updated prior to my receiving the car. Nonetheless, I see that I need to go here: https://hyundai.naviextras.com

at which point I can't see how to download the maps. Lol at Hyundai who supply a plastic box with a license and a blank usb drive as part of the mapcare package and no directions.

Anyway, what the drill here for getting those new maps downloaded and installed.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust
Hi Keith,
I was also dissapointed regarding the currency of the GPS maps, was informed that an update would be done on 1K service - which it was.

However you are only going to get whatever Navtech supplies - our street is been in existance for 2+ years & still not showing on Navtechs online maps (+ another 20 streets around us)
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
Thanks for the info. I called iCare today and was told there is no update despite the current maps being so old. I will check this again on the 1k service. Still not sure why they supplied a blank usb stick in a sealed box though.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal