i30 Owners Club

My pram, my rattle

panda · 43 · 11262

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• 2012 Hyundai i30 Active Illawarra Region
So anyway, it's back from it's service.

Forgot to send the phone with the other half so they couldn't check it. Said their phone was working fine with the bluetooth though and I can pop in anytime and they'll help me out with it.

They updated the computer to help with the lag when I accelerate when the cars cold.

The rattle they couldn't hear. They adjusted the passenger side seat belt for me, tightened up something else (husband told me what but I've gone blank and he's not here right now) and suggested it may be my sunglasses rattling in the sunglasses holder  :-[

Not sure if that was it, I think I might have had them on my head at times I've heard the rattle but I can't be positive. Haven't heard it since though!
  • 2012 Hyundai i30 Active

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
You've made me so aware of rattles now. This morning I rearranged the gold (only - OCD kicking in) coins in the ashtray to eliminate the rattle.  :eek:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
The rattle squeak they couldn't hear.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Bahaha...no more earrings for you!  :winker:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Bahaha...no more earrings for you!  :winker:

Luckily I've got poor earring  :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Luckily I've got poor earring  :whistler:
... and shortnesss of breath by the 'sound' of it  :whistler:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :confused:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

The rattle squeak they couldn't hear.

:lol: That's totally me! Once I can hear something it drives me INSANE until I fix it!

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

You've made me so aware of rattles now. This morning I rearranged the gold (only - OCD kicking in) coins in the ashtray to eliminate the rattle.  :eek:

:snigger: Sorry! I've made myself aware! Today I thought I heard a rattle coming from the lock on the back door.........and then I thought I heard the engine making a tick tick sound.............

And lmao @ OCD, that's me all over (I can't handle anyone else packing the dishwasher-have to go back and do it again so it's done the way I like it-same with the way towels are folded and don't anyone dare fold my washing for me! You'll do it wrong!)

I wore my sunnies on the way to the gym this morning. No rattles. Put them in the sunnies holder on the way home.......*rattle rattle*. Oh well, at least I made the husband ask about it not myself  :rofl:

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I wore my sunnies on the way to the gym this morning. No rattles. Put them in the sunnies holder on the way home.......*rattle rattle*. Oh well, at least I made the husband ask about it not myself  :rofl:
We have a habit in the ADF of 'Australianising' - buying MOTS (Military Off The Shelf) and then immediately modding the $#!& out if it.  :goodjob:
Your mention of the 'design deficiency' has me wanting to create a custom designed felt/foam insert to your holder because the earth's orbit will reverse course if it isn't done.  :eek:

Offline panda

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

We have a habit in the ADF of 'Australianising' - buying MOTS (Military Off The Shelf) and then immediately modding the $#!& out if it.  :goodjob:
Your mention of the 'design deficiency' has me wanting to create a custom designed felt/foam insert to your holder because the earth's orbit will reverse course if it isn't done.  :eek:
:lol: Sounds great! Feel free to visit and do so! If it waits for me to get around to it...........well.............I'll probably be too old to drive by then  :rolleyes:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal