i30 Owners Club

Pausing iPod playback - GD model

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!
Ugh. The head unit in the GD i30 would have to be one of the most counter-intuitive and featureless head units available.

My query is, has anyone with a GD figured out how to pause iPod playback when it is connected via the USB interface? I know when an iPhone/iPod touch is connected via BT you can pause playback via the on screen buttons, however and somewhat bizarrely this is missing when playing audio through the USB interface.

A search on the forums has revealed that in previous models, pressing the mode button for several seconds acts like a pause button, however I've tried this already and all it does is switch to the next audio source.

Searching the manual reveals nothing, and using the iPod itself to play/pause is not possible as it gets placed in accessory mode when connected, and the controls on the iPod no longer respond (deliberately so).

You'd think something as basic as this would be available, but no, that would be to straight forward.

Anyone else got some thoughts?
  • i30 Premium 2012 1.6l Diesel

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Yes, iPod  :fum: :snigger:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!
Thats the problem - the iPod won't allow me to pause the track whenever the device is connected with the USB cable (not using the Hyundai cable), as it is in accessory mode, which essentially gives you a big Hyundai logo on the screen, and 'Do not disconnect' (or similar) displayed on the iPod screen. All controls are handed over to the head unit, which ridiculously doesn't allow you to pause music when played from the iPod.

It's quite irritating, and really compels me to consider a third party head unit which has this functionality.
  • i30 Premium 2012 1.6l Diesel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal