i30 Owners Club

Audio Streaming wont work :-(

Goozy · 11 · 3030

Offline Goozy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Birkdale, Qld
I recently purchased an i30 premium and am having a few issues with the audio system.  For some reason I cant get the audio streaming function to appear let alone work can anyone give me an idiots guide on how to do it.  I have an iphone 5 so it should be possible but maybe my blond bits are showing :-(

Also anyone know why the system wont recognise my iphone when I plug it into the usb jack>  It either says not found or that there is no music on there.

HELLLLLLLLLP! please
  • premium

Offline knifeyspooney

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Dandenong North, Melbourne

• 2013 GD i30
I purchased my brand new i30 a month ago and have been experiencing the same issues with audio streaming, both on my iPod through the USB cable and my iPhone with the USB cable and bluetooth.

With the cable I'll be able to stream a minute of music before it cuts out, and via bluetooth I wont be able to skip songs using the controls on the steering wheel or the touchscreen.

Also when I unplug my iPod, I lose all audio sound when I plug headphones in and have to restore it on my computer. Its very annoying.

I've resorted to using the AUX cable for now, but I prefer using the USB cable because then I can see the song title on the touchscreen at a quick glance instead of wait for a red light so I can take a quick peek before continuing to drive
  • 2013 GD i30

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
Good questions. We have an active and elite so both types of head unit and they are used with 2 different 3gs and a 4 and ipods. The phones connect OK via bluetooth but initially had issues owing to phonebook size. This was pruned and now they connect just fine. Via bluetooth you can press the media button and it will play via the steering wheel controls but its fairly dumb compared to using the usb cable which I now prefer.

So in summary, are you using the proper USB cable, ie, an apple one and not a third party one.
Can you connect via bluetooth?
If so when you press the media button what happens?

@knifeyspooney, what model phone, iOS version?

I have a suspicion iOS7 may be causing some problems although the 4 used here is working fine on iOS7 in the active on Bluetooth. The cable is only used in this car for charging.

Please advise.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Goozy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Birkdale, Qld

Good questions. We have an active and elite so both types of head unit and they are used with 2 different 3gs and a 4 and ipods. The phones connect OK via bluetooth but initially had issues owing to phonebook size. This was pruned and now they connect just fine. Via bluetooth you can press the media button and it will play via the steering wheel controls but its fairly dumb compared to using the usb cable which I now prefer.

So in summary, are you using the proper USB cable, ie, an apple one and not a third party one.
Can you connect via bluetooth?
If so when you press the media button what happens?

@knifeyspooney, what model phone, iOS version?

I have a suspicion iOS7 may be causing some problems although the 4 used here is working fine on iOS7 in the active on Bluetooth. The cable is only used in this car for charging.

Please advise.

I'm using the apple USB cable and the unit won't recognise the phone.  It will connect via bluetooth but won't allow me to change tracks using the steering wheel buttons or touch screen :-(. I haven't yet updated my iOS system and am currently using ios6.   I would prefer to plug the phone in using the USB cable but as I said keep saying empty or not recognised.  My phone is full of music so it is certainly not empty.

I sense I may have to head to my nearest hyundai dealer but am trying to get to the bottom of it before that
  • premium

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
Boot your phone first and see if it clears.

http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonetroubleshooting/qt/reset_iphone.htm

Begin by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the Home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time.
    Hold them both until you see the screen go black. In some cases, you may need to keep holding them even after the red power-off slider appears. If it appears, just keep holding it.
    Wait until the silver Apple logo appears.
    When this happens, you can let go - the iPhone is rebooting.

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
Also check your address book. If its too big, the phone won't connect properly. My phone did this at first and culling the address book sorted the connection issue.

Offline knifeyspooney

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Dandenong North, Melbourne

• 2013 GD i30
Hi Keith,

I have a 160GB iPod Classic, and an iPhone 5 with iOS7 installed. and I'm using official apple USB cables and bluetooth.

I discovered that if I had a CD in the CD player, the music playback through the USB cables would stop after a minute, but when i remove the CD, playback returns to normal through both USB and bluetooth. It was really strange. I even tested out streaming Spotify from my phone and it worked perfectly, the touch screen controls on the head unit worked and everything went back to normal.

I tested to see if this was a one time thing or permanent fix by putting the CD back in. Once the CD loaded, I turned my car off and then back on, let the CD read and begin to play, and then switched to the iPod and then blutooth to see if they were working, and I was getting the same problems before. I took the CD out and they just fixed itself up again.

My guess is the head unit is struggling to keep up with the demand of media input, having a USB, bluetooth, and a CD all trying to give the media player some music, it probably didn't know which to play even if you set it to one particular setting. Maybe it doesn't have enough memory in the onboard computer to support every form of input.

So I guess just try see if removing a CD will help with your issues.
  • 2013 GD i30

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
Thanks for the insight. I have never used the CD player itself so thanks for sharing that information.

Offline Goozy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Birkdale, Qld
Hey keith that worked a treat thankyou so much'

Ill also tried removing the cd thing but made no difference but thankfully rebooting the phone worked and all is good now
  • premium

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
Hey keith that worked a treat thankyou so much'

Ill also tried removing the cd thing but made no difference but thankfully rebooting the phone worked and all is good now

:goodjob2: :goodjob:

I like a happy ending.

Offline Goozy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Birkdale, Qld

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal