i30 Owners Club

new i30 tourer/estate

paul · 109 · 28040

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline paul

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Brighton
I would love to replace the Wife's CW  with a new Diesel Tourer when hers gets to 4 years old (next January) if they still don't have a DPF over here but not confident she would let me! :Pout:

Lucky you, no DPF,
You and the Yanks (with their gas guzzlers) go on polluting, while this tiny island has DPF's what a joke,
what the hell difference are we going to make. :lol:
Just another reason to make us spend our money. :blubber:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Ugly women and DPF .. you must have been very bad in your previous life!  :rofl:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I would love to replace the Wife's CW  with a new Diesel Tourer when hers gets to 4 years old (next January) if they still don't have a DPF over here but not confident she would let me! :Pout:

Lucky you, no DPF,
You and the Yanks (with their gas guzzlers) go on polluting, while this tiny island has DPF's what a joke,
what the hell difference are we going to make. :lol:
Just another reason to make us spend our money. :blubber:

You know you want to live in Australia.  :D

Our pollution is insignificant, compared to UK. Our population would nearly fit just in London alone.  :Shocked:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline paul

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Brighton
You know you want to live in Australia.  :D

Your having a Giraffe, you have creepy crawleys, spiders snakes & sharks that bite,  :Shocked:
sod off, I'm stayin ere :happydance:

We had a team building day in work and we had to do the "Bush Tucker Challenge"

I was fine with all the grubs and the kangeroo's knob, but I drew the line when the sick bastards wanted me to drink a can of Fosters.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 10:04:37 by paul »

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Fosters, don't blame ya.  :sicky: :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I was fine with all the grubs and the kangeroo's knob, but I drew the line when the sick bastards wanted me to drink a can of Fosters.

I'll pay that line!  :goodjob2: :goodjob: :rofl:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Fosters...brewed in Manchester me thinks....  :whistler:

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
I was booked in today for replacing the roof bars, but it didn't go as planned (surprise!). New roof bars came unpainted so they painted them, but those attaching hole covers weren't included, and they told me the color code for the bars wasn't available either. As you may guess now, the color in new bars and old hole covers didn't match.  :disapp:

Result: problem not solved.
Bonus: now I have to drive around umphteen days without those hole covers while waiting them to get painted!  :fum:
  • 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Sounds like you were the first car for repair, they won't make that mistake in future warranty jobs.

Offline paul

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Brighton
I was booked in today for replacing the roof bars, but it didn't go as planned (surprise!). New roof bars came unpainted so they painted them, but those attaching hole covers weren't included, and they told me the color code for the bars wasn't available either. As you may guess now, the color in new bars and old hole covers didn't match.  :disapp:

Bonus: now I have to drive around umphteen days without those hole covers while waiting them to get painted!  :fum:

Still waiting for mine to arrive, heard nothing yet, I bet I have the same problem.
I put the post on here on Dec 15th,  told the garage on 16th Dec. not good service eh !
are they identical to the old bars, or have they been modified not to expand so much ?

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose

Still waiting for mine to arrive, heard nothing yet, I bet I have the same problem.
I put the post on here on Dec 15th,  told the garage on 16th Dec. not good service eh !
are they identical to the old bars, or have they been modified not to expand so much ?

Only a couple of years to go then :Pout:

Offline johnels79

• 1st Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeenshire
Hi All

Stumbled across this forum whilst searching for other owners with problems with their i30's. Overall whilst Im very happy with my purchase, there have been a few issues I have encountered along the way. My main battle is with the communication with the dealer, they were never off the phone when making the sale, but after sales service is terrible. Ill start by commenting on this post as I also have the problem with the roof rails lifting. Car was purchased in May 2013 and noticed the warping/lifting in October. Called the dealer and they agreed to look at it along with the windscreen seal misaligned, damaged seat cover clips, and a gearbox/clutch issue. Took the car in and after waiting almost 3 hours for them to inspect/photograph for sending off to Hyundai i was assured that these "cosmetic" issues would be covered.
To shorten a very long and drawn out story its February and after complaining to Hyundai CS and the car had 2 visits back to the dealer the problem has not been rectified. The last visit was 3 days and in that time nothing was done and I was told the wrong part was delivered. The car was booked in again last week, but knowing the dealers tactics now, I called ahead to make sure the part (Roof Rails) was in? I was informed not to bring the car in as they would have to go to the paint shop first. This could take a few days. I am amazed how they thought they were going to fit them in the first place if they needed painting.

Anyway its good to note that there are a few others with similar problems. There also seems to be this issue with the i40's as i previously found a forum with many owners reporting roof rails and various other common problems. I ideally I would like to see this get fixed but its going to be a battle I'm sure.

Ill post my pics on here too along with some other smaller issues i would like to discuss.

Cheers
John
  • GREY, 2013 HYUNDAI I30 CRDI STYLE NAV BLUE D ESTATE

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:wttc: John.

Sad to hear of all these issues as the FD series was so reliable and generally trouble free.

UK dealer service seems pretty bad in general (worse than OZ which is only average sometimes as well)  :undecided:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Hi John, sorry you're not overjoyed with your car. Dealer after sales service is largely up to the dealer principle to determine. If it were my car, I would be looking to use another dealer for servicing, but your location most likely precludes that option. Their performance on the rail issue would not give me much confidence that they can accurately perform routine servicing, which for what they charge, you are most certainly entitled too.

I would be arranging to speak to the service manager to let him know about your dissatisfaction and that you expect a significant improvement in the future.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi John

:wttc:

Sorry to hear about all those troubles. Hope the dealer service gets better...
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
It's a shame that a poor dealer has spoiled your appreciation of a great car. The roof rails are a cosmetic problem that has afflicted the i40 and i30 tourers. I'm sure that Hyundai have strived to find a lasting solution but time will tell. It will be interesting to see reports from the effected owners who have had the rails replaced.

I don't think you will face a battle getting Hyundai to recognise the problem and attend to it under warranty - the problem is likely to be an extended delivery of parts if they are having to make any technical changes with their supplier.  It would appear that most of your problems are with the service from the dealer - do you have an alternative in your area?
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
I'm again booked in next Wednesday, and hopefully my case of bad roof rails will be over then. They tried to call me Tuesday but I couldn't answer it at work, our boss do not like personal calls at working time, and it's dirty and noisy place anyway so I leave my phone to the dressing room. Well, that's where the fun begins. I tried to call them back after work, but they didn't have time to answer, however I got automated message that my call has been registered and they will call back as soon as possible. No call back that day (surprise!). The next day I tried to call again to the same number, and it was answered by another person who didn't have any clue about my case. God how I hate call redirecting; I would rather be not answered than to be redirected to random person who can't help. At Thursday I finally got the right person to the phone, and he said the roof rails has been painted and are ready to be installed, so I'm booked in now.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Let's hope all will be fixed for you. :Good_luck:

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
They just can't do it properly. New rails itself seems to be okay, but are painted to wrong color. Instead of original metallic silver, especially under sunlight it's more like a matte beige without any lacquer coating, which looks like it will absorb any greasy fingerprints. :disapp:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:eek: :Pout:

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

Offline paul

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Brighton
They just can't do it properly. New rails itself seems to be okay, but are painted to wrong color. Instead of original metallic silver, especially under sunlight it's more like a matte beige without any lacquer coating, which looks like it will absorb any greasy fingerprints. :disapp:

At last, mine are being fitted tomorrow, they had better be metallic silver like the originals or I am going to
be kin mad.  :argh:
I did suggest they may need painting but the service manager said they didn't . for his sake they had better be silver. :Good_luck:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:whistler:

Offline paul

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Brighton

At last, mine are being fitted tomorrow, they had better be metallic silver like the originals or I am going to
be kin mad.  :argh:

I did suggest they may need painting but the service manager said they didn't . for his sake they had better be silver. :Good_luck:

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH  Guess what, they are kin "BLACK", now they need painting, mat black too,
the mechanic says it is undercoat, (1st time ive seen black undercoat)
so he took off one of the snap in covers for the roof rack (for a colour match) and told me to re-book it in for next week!
bloody useless.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH  Guess what, they are kin "BLACK", now they need painting, mat black too,
the mechanic says it is undercoat, (1st time ive seen black undercoat)
so he took off one of the snap in covers for the roof rack (for a colour match) and told me to re-book it in for next week!
bloody useless.

:agreed: :fum: :fum: Nothing worse than repeat visits to get something sorted!

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
I know this is of no help to you guys but why can't these service centres get it right . I had a Terracan when I was in Adelaide and used the service centre south of Adelaide. I had cracked roof rails , they promptly ordered new ones , used a cover piece to match the colour, painted the rails and fitted them in no time. I also had several other jobs done and they also changed a muffler when the baffles let go and rattled ( I was surprised because I did not think exhaust was covered by warranty.) This was about three years ago so may be a bit different now. Having that sort of service made having that vehicle a real pleasure. If only they realised how much good service counts towards the pleasure of owning a vehicle. As an ex  service manager I insisted that every customer be treated as if they were the only customer and also communication was a priority, listen to your customers and get it right the first time ,it is not hard and satisfied customers made my life a lot easier. It  is no excuse that they have to do your warranty work and feel like they are doing you a favour. If parts are hard to get , be honest with the customer and as I said before communicate. Sorry to rave on but I get mad when I hear of bad service. I just hope when I get my new car and use the service centre near me they do the right thing.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Good to hear John B, additionally, getting any servicing or warranty issues wrong simply destroys efficiency for the service department too.

Consider the present rail issue,

- The car & owner have entered the site multiple times already, without any work performed, increased risk of damage and extra traffic in a busy area.

- The owner is frustrated with the service dept personnel.

- The service manager has to re arrange painting for the second time, so all the 1st time effort by everyone involved was a complete waste of time.

- The service manager looses credit with the customer & his staff.

- The dept is busier than it should be because of this error. Now, multiply that by any other errors and you can be in the brown stuff really quickly, with unhappy customers, staff and your boss too.  :(

etc, etc.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Well said John!  (edit: and Phil!)

The only thing I can add is if things go belly up due to no fault of the dealer then the way they handle the problem makes a lot of difference too.. if they are apologetic and helpful rather than indifferent and off hand, it can greatly soften the customer disappointment.

Some places have no idea!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal