Welcome
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Been a member for some time I see,how bout telling us how your upgrading your lighting. :goodjob2:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline TIGER-PETE

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      GOLD COAST
Sorry all, only new at this. I have been a member for over a year and I like reading all about the different problems and solutions that members come up with. My query was in relation to: "how to", upgrade from the standard lighting of a 2011 model cw crdi to look like the lastest i30's. 

Has anyone done it etc and how successful ? :tomato:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I guess you are referring to exterior lighting :undecided: and what is meant by standard lighting... both models have standard lighting only different shape ( which wont fit yours ) or are you wanting LED's? you can search here Global Leader of Korean Parts and Accessories and maybe you'll find something to your liking.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
TIGER-PETE now the thread makes sense,depends on which way you want to go,if it is a simple point of upgrading your bulbs,the Phillips Xenon ultra bright,good upgrade from standard and will slot straight in as they are same design,someone on here upgraded to LED it was fiddly and not that successful according to them,then you can go HID,this is the way I would have gone if it was for all the fitting issues,I personally prefer HID over LED,I have had the opportunity to compare in reallife situations HID over LED in spotlights,although LED is a far brighter and more spreading light over a very short distance,HID is very bright and throws light over a far longer distance,this is what I have found anyhow,and to Convert to LED is wildly expensive,HID has become reasonably priced these days,but again due to Ballast sizes,can be involved to fit them
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Rick@ HID's are illegal on cars that do not come factory fitted with them as they don't have the lens levelling feature unless by chance you are able to purchase complete light housings designed for HID's and are ADR approved but installing HID's into standard housings is illegal.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 13:06:13 by CraigB »

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Well aware it is illegal craig,so are the super bright Blue Xenon globes you can buy on the internet,but it is surprising the hundreds if not thousands of cars out there which have them.

ALL spotlights(over 75W) are ONLY for OFFROAD use ONLY,how many of those do you see on cars(I can tell you two cars which have them)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Yes there are many who have unknowingly installed them not knowing the consequences either, Supercheap in Cannington currently have a litigation claims against then on the advise given by police to those that are being caught and charged with them.

The distributers have been getting away with it for to long but at this moment the police are coming down hard on owners of vehicles with HID's even though they can still be sold legally there is a due clause where the distributers must inform the purchaser of the restrictions and legality.

Yeah the blue Xenon globes are also illegal ( anything over 8000K ) the fact is though that  what most people don't realise is that lighting over 4300K distributes less usable light to the road so they are effectively reducing their vision.

Offline constipated

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Both Ugly Mongrel and I have fitted Philips aftermarket DRLs to our FD i30. They are bright but don't achieve anything like the current GD i30 factory look. But then again that was never my aim.
  • MY11 - SLX CRDi 6 speed manual

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal