i30 Owners Club

broken fuse

Offline petran58

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      greece

• i30 2008 1.4 petrol
Hi, I have a problem with the electric fuse. more specifically the right lighter (name FR P/OUTLET fuse) . burned and changed the fuse and then broke again. I have tried 3-4 times and when i put gps it brokes. (with the other 12v lighter its ok).  Meanwhile, for some reason and the fuse of headlights brokes (head lamp fuse). what could be wrong? sorry for my very bad english
  • i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Hi petran58,

I would take the car to an Auto Electrician, and explain to them what is happening.  That sort of electrical stuff is way beyond my level of expertise.  If it does blow the fuse all of the time, it should be easy to track down, it is the faults that aren't always there that are hard to find.  Others on here may be able to provide better guidance.

By the way, your English is very good, a lot better than some of the English on this site!!   :lol:

FatBoy

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
The fuse is designed to protect the wiring of the car from burning. The fuse breaks when there is far too much current being drawn through the wires so it breaks before the wires get hot. Either the GPS plug is faulty or the connector for the socket outlet may have a short circuit which will burn out the fuse until it is fixed. Take that car to an auto electrician as previously advised or your dealer if still in warranty. This could be a sign on a serious fault, so don't delay.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I can't help you with your car, but your English is good.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Your English is much better than my Hellenic. ;)
As Phil said, be glad that the fuse is blowing. If not, it would be something melting and causing a fire. :Shocked:
Something is not right and needs to be investigated properly. You are too far from Adelaide for me to help any more. :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
You have a dead short there some where,as the others have said,back to the dealer if under warranty or off to a auto elec, could get serious if not sorted.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal