i30 Owners Club

Big Bitey Things

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
This is just down the road from where I live:

:link: Man 'fighting for his life' after shark attack at Mandurah beach

These guys are from Rockingham (where I work) but were fishing off the coast at Coral Bay:

:link: Human arm discovered on sea floor off WA coast - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Those things with big teeth seem to like us West Aussies. We certainly lose a few.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Those things with big teeth seem to like us West Aussies. We certainly lose a few.

You do indeed. :whistler:

"ns"
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

These guys are from Rockingham (where I work) but were fishing off the coast at Coral Bay:
Yes they're extra hungry for this time of year, the first bloke has died :link: Shark attack victim Ben Gerring dies in hospital after losing leg in Mandurah surf - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Another one taken this morning :link: Perth shark attack: Diver killed by suspected 5m animal off Mindarie coast - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

As horrible as it might be to be lost to a shark attack I don't believe in authorities hunting down the sharks and killing them or setting drum lines which can kill unrelated sharks, it's their territory :disapp:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Totally agree Craig :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
They don't come swim in my toilet, so I don't go pissing in THEIR pond,go in the ocean be prepared for the consequences,like anything we do in life,there is always risk, about time people started taking responsibility for their own actions,take the idiot women tourist who went swimming at night in a known Croc infested river,now there is a croc who was only feeding on instinct which is now dead,just imagine how old that 4.6 croc was,he's been on this Earth far longer than the woman,sorry although not nice I've got no sympathy for any of the victims,but I do for their families for their losses.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Yes they're extra hungry for this time of year, the first bloke has died :link: Shark attack victim Ben Gerring dies in hospital after losing leg in Mandurah surf - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Another one taken this morning :link: Perth shark attack: Diver killed by suspected 5m animal off Mindarie coast - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

As horrible as it might be to be lost to a shark attack I don't believe in authorities hunting down the sharks and killing them or setting drum lines which can kill unrelated sharks, it's their territory :disapp:
In most cases the families of shark attack victims come out and say the same thing.
The two recent attacks don't say much for the effectiveness of the controversial WA gov't culling program last year either.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I agree with Rick.  If you are willing to go into their natural habitat, be prepared to come off second best if they decide that you are now a food source.

While I can't speak for other people, when I was surfing my philosophy was that if I was taken by a shark then I didn't want the shark hunted down.  My risk, my consequences.  While it would have been tragic for my family and friends, they understood.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I agree with all of the above.
Their territory, your risk.
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal