i30 Owners Club

2nd hand i30 auto, blue drive or not

Torque · 2 · 1538

Offline Torque

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      Ribble Valley, Lancashire
On my list for next vehicle is the i30 diesel between 12 and 36 months old and, it has to be auto.

I've learnt that Bluedrive adds the stop start tech which I love, lower RFL bracket (£20 instead of £145) low resistence tyres and, on manuals, a shift indicator which I find a bit patronising to be fair so won't miss it if it's not on the auto.  However, in my re-introduction thread it was mentioned that the alternator, which will obviously get more hammer with the stop start system, is an expensive thing to replace if it goes wrong and that the auto box is a weak point.

In light of the above advice I've added one or two non Bluedrive Active 1.6 Crdi autos to my list to view as well as the Bluedrive SE 1.6 Crdi autos I already have on there.  There's a purchase saving of around £1000 which will make up for a good few years for the increased RFL and poorer economy so, other than FSH what issues, faults, benefits should I look out for?
  • Honda CRV

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
The Diesel engine is almost bulletproof. They last for ages. Not much to worry about with the car, but do be sure that  you get the best service schedule pricing, perhaps roadside assist and of course the best changeover price. Check all tyres for wear and condition relative to mileage. Go for a decent drive & check for noises and rattles.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal