i30 Owners Club

Start up issues

Offline Aliidra

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Hi I'm new to the forum, having just brought my first new i30. I got the new model i30 SR, I picked it up yesterday and have done about 100km in it. However the last two times I've tried to start the car with the start button the engine sounds like it struggles to turn over before it starts a couple of secs later only at low revs (500) with the engine light and immobiliser light staying on.

When this has occurred twice on different trips I've stopped the engine and then restarted and it has started fine after that.

I'm new to cars with a push button start, is it possibly because I'm not pushing the button for long enough or not having my foot down hard enough on the break? Or should I check with the dealer about it.

Thanks
  • 2017 hyundai i30 SR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcome:

Wow! That shouldn't be happening in a brand new car! There is no special technique with push button start. It should be just a quick press. Contact the dealer ASAP and I would avoid driving it too much until checked. I guess you could have got some dirty fuel or something. Have you checked the fluid level (Oil and Water) ?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
 :wlcome02: As Dazz said straight back to the dealer.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
With being new wonder whether battery leads slightly loose and not fully tight from pre delivery inspection.

New car........back to dealer to look at....
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :welcome: :wts:
As tempting as it is to find a quick fix, warranties are there for just these problems, especially straight out of the showroom.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal