i30 Owners Club

Elantra Touring/i30cw questions

Offline zielritter

• 2nd Gear
Hello everyone, I live in the states and am shopping for an Elantra Touring which is an i30cw everywhere else.  I would like to do a few mods such as an intake, underdrive crank pulley and make a catback exhaust.  I've tried the usual Korean import sites, but most of those only have parts for the normal i30 which the states do not have.

Could anybody recommend a site that would have performance parts for the touring/cw?  Is the underhood configuration of the i30 and i30cw/touring pretty much the same (i.e. an i30 intake would fit the i30cw)?  Thanks for your help ahead of time, I know there aren't many cw/touring sites out there right now.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hello everyone, I live in the states and am shopping for an Elantra Touring which is an i30cw everywhere else.  I would like to do a few mods such as an intake, underdrive crank pulley and make a catback exhaust.  I've tried the usual Korean import sites, but most of those only have parts for the normal i30 which the states do not have.

Could anybody recommend a site that would have performance parts for the touring/cw?  Is the underhood configuration of the i30 and i30cw/touring pretty much the same (i.e. an i30 intake would fit the i30cw)?  Thanks for your help ahead of time, I know there aren't many cw/touring sites out there right now.

Welcome to the club... we are a site for CW and hatch owners.. it is just that the CW was only launched in Australia a month or so ago...

From my understanding the hatch and wagon are almost identical mechanically just longer wheelbase and slightly elongated body.

So.. would only expect things like the exhaust to be a bit longer (so would be extremely surprised if an intake for a hatch wouldn't fit the wagon)

As far as the exhaust goes your local exhaust centre should be able to make you a modified one to order using the original as a template...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline G14Classified101

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gosford
Mate they are exactly the same. Daz is probably right in that the exhaust is about 100mm longer but that is it. Everything is the same b pillar forward.

Offline zielritter

• 2nd Gear
Thanks guys, I figured they were the same under the hood.  I may just go the custom route with the exhaust.  I appreciate the help.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks guys, I figured they were the same under the hood.  I may just go the custom route with the exhaust.  I appreciate the help.

If you do a search under Exhaust (on this site) you will find some interesting discussions and some handy info...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal