i30 Owners Club

Anyone know much about LPG injection on Diesels???? Looks unbelievable...

Blue · 8 · 3747

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
my dads 100 series land cruiser uses it as a power shot when you floor it to overtake or pull up a steep hill at low speed.he tows a 3,500 kg caravan in his travels around oz in his retirement,sorry my mum also. 
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline penak

• 2nd Gear
May work really well with old style distributor-pump diesels.

Would be a really major job to fit that into a modern common-rail diesel. They would have to replace the whole CR system, as I suspect that the current CR systems cannot handle LPG directly as a replacement for diesel.

lindlake
i have d/gas on my 05 hilux it work very good lots of power when towing my camper trailer

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
my father has LPG hooked up to the inlet hose on the throttle body,it squirts a small blast of gas when you put the excelorator down to overtake or go up a large hill.it works on a solenoid like a nitrous oxide set up.he said to me on the weekend just gone that in 18 months its been fitted hes used it only about 10 times.the actual LPG tank is only 50Lt's and looks like a divers air tank,its still half full.  :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
One of the guys I work with has it on a Nissan X Trail.
He swears by it, in fact, worships it.

I checked out the site and it seems to be 100% installed in fourby's....

Was wondering what it might do to the CRDi....    GTDi type results maybe ????

Offline penak

• 2nd Gear
One of the guys I work with has it on a Nissan X Trail.
He swears by it, in fact, worships it.

I checked out the site and it seems to be 100% installed in fourby's....

Was wondering what it might do the CRDi....    GTDi type results maybe ????

Been thinkin about it. Liquid Propane Gas may actually work directly with CRDi in principle. It is liquid after all, and behaves just like one, at least in the pressures the common rail system uses. It sure will burn cleaner than diesel anyway. My only doubt is it's lubricating properties, as the lubrication of the high pressure pump in CR systems is totally dependent on the fuel properties.

lindlake
the lpg is injected into the engine before the turbo as gas at ABOUT 20% gas 80% diesel if you run out of gas you just loose power  and you just drive on diesel only

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal