i30 Owners Club

Blow-Off Valve BOV for our i30

Offline i30mania

• 3rd Gear

• tr Turkey
      Istanbul,Turkey

• Proud Owner Since 2007
I have seen some diesel cars use BOV (HKS brand SSOV especially)
I dont know is it legal in your countries but it gives a great engine voice to our cars

Does anyone try this BOV valve?
  • Opel Insignia 1.6Turbo

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
would rather run Nitro m8 if it's noise you want ;)  i know what the BOV does but martin tested and the i30 CRDi runs 19pb and i have not felt the need for a BOV.

Offline Martin

• 2nd Gear
A BOV opens and releases air from the inlet pipe when the throttle body/butterfly shuts on an engine......your i30CRDi do not have a conventional throttle body, so installing a BOV will do nothing....no noise, only make the car faster by your wallet being lighter, hence lower overall vehicle mass :lol:

Offline i30mania

• 3rd Gear

• tr Turkey
      Istanbul,Turkey

• Proud Owner Since 2007

Offline Martin

• 2nd Gear
There are people and companies out there that will sell anything....regardless of whether it works or not. Check Ebay :geek:  :roll:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowoff_valve

If that doesnt put you off then let us know how you go. I reckon there will be someone that has a Flux Capacitor for you as well, or maybe a great Aussie invention like the Energy Polariser :lol:

Offline Mick

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong
Martin , I think you underestimate the gain of these "accessories" . There is also the well known [censored] factor, which depending on the size of your "cohones" could also lead to a significant weight loss. However it is recommended to get the aforementioned [censored] out of the system before operating any serious machinery.

Offline jamiec

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania

• in Tasmania

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal