i30 Owners Club

CR Box-Has anyone tried this?

Offline gazsobasi

• 1st Gear
Hi guys,

Im new in here. I have read some of the topics related to performance box. I want to have one. Im womdering, if any of you tried the box below?
http://www.draketuning.com/shop/chip-tuning-hyundai-i30-crdi-p-623.html
any responses would be appreciated.
And also, box users, pls leave your comments you experienced.

Thanks

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I don't know enought to do these mods, but some of our club members have/do, so the only thing I can say is welcome aboard, make yourself comfy and enjoy  :happydance:

Asa

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
welcome gazsobasi.  :razz:  i cant help you with your question because my i30's are 2.0 petrol.  but I'm sure other members with diesel i30's will answer your questions shortly.  :goodjob: :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline gazsobasi

• 1st Gear
Thanks for friendly welcome :)

My car is 1.6 CRDI 90 PS manufactured in 2009 at 72.000 Km
I found some boxes in different websites. People generally bought from Germany. the thing encourages me to the box from italy is shipping time.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Their site has semi naked women on it so I'd say the product has to be good.... :whistler:   :goodjob:

Oh, and welcome.... :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Gazsobasi .. Yes as Rusty says a site with that much gratuitous nudity usually generates interest caution for me... :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline gazsobasi

• 1st Gear
Girls are attractive :) but any ideas or comments for the purpose of this topic:D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Someone may know of this brand but don't recall their boxes being mentioned before??

Offline gazsobasi

• 1st Gear
Still no one is familiar to this brand, but i have already ordered it. Lets see how it is:)
I wil share my experience once i hve the box.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Still no one is familiar to this brand, but i have already ordered it. Lets see how it is:)
I wil share my experience once i hve the box.

:goodjob:

Offline gazsobasi

• 1st Gear
Hi everybody again. Sorry for late reply, i was on vacation. I had the box 5 days after order. You can feel the difference:) It works so well. I did not put my car into any test but i observed that there is a significant upgrade in power and torq. Recommended:)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Great result  :mrgreen:

Offline K Roberts

• 1st Gear

• wales Wales
      Bridgend
Hi everybody again. Sorry for late reply, i was on vacation. I had the box 5 days after order. You can feel the difference:) It works so well. I did not put my car into any test but i observed that there is a significant upgrade in power and torq. Recommended:)

Hi what setting (no) are you on, thanks
  • Hyundai i30

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
For the current engine Drake suggest 180hp. Interesting.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline ryane

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney: Blue mountains
Gazosbasi,
Just remember to remove when taking it in for service and repair for warranty.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Sorry for the late responce,I have seen you have bought this generic tuning box and am happy you are happy with it,

Some years ago I stripped and rebuilt a motor(not Hyundai)used a stroker kit and a few other mods(won't go into that)I went with a generic chip,yes It made minimal difference,yes and I did the before and after Dyno testing,I was a little dissappointed at the benefit of the generic chip I chose compared to what performance others where getting out of their vehicles,with almost indentical mods.

I then went down the track of having that particular car individually tested and tuned and a chip make specifiaclly for that motor,the result was astounding,but I doubt Hyundai would let you keep your warranty if you went down that track and if Hyundai as I have been told has engine logging, a smart technician will be able to tell you if you have had a tuning box on the motor or not,but this is only what I have been told and that was by a Hy tech.

Engines and computers are getting beyond my grasp no a days,but I can let you know, not long after getting our first I30,I was not happy with the preformance and I did in fact have Hy tweek the ECU,not sure what they did,but Cyril is far more exciting to drive than our later model car,which is supposed to have the better motor
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal