i30 Owners Club

Approx cost of Services.

Offline rustbucket

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what we can expect to pay approximately for the 12mth/15000 and 24mth/30000 services from Hyundai dealers here in Australia? Just trying to workout our running costs over time.

According the 2008 survey by RACV the Getz and i30's where rated the best in their classes.

http://www.lincorp.com.au/images/hyunda ... yundai.pdf

Thanks

Rustbucket

Offline redi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
When we were considering buying the i30 we were told by the dealer approx $250 per service. Didn't check with the service dept. to see if that was correct....maybe he was underquoting to get our business.
We don't have to worry about the 15,000 and 30,000km service as we received vouchers from Hyundai yesterday to cover these services. They say it is for waiting for such a long period of time. :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Gee that is generous  :lol:  (as the adds say)

Most of the Aussie members who have used dealer for servicing have been charged between $200 and $300 (Local Tassie dealer was running a Spring special for $189 which included $25 fuel card - but I just missed out on the card as that part of the offer expired at end of September...) They give free roadside assistance if you use them for servicing (until the next service is due)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustbucket

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Thanks redi30 and dazz

That's good to know. Talking to a neighbor about our loaner i30 and she mentioned that the next service on their Subaru forester was up around 2000. That's scary for a grease, oil change ,a few bits and some checking.

Redi30 when did get your car ?

Rustbucket

Offline redi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Quote from: "rustbucket"
Thanks redi30 and dazz

Rustbucket

Should be picking it up this Friday if no more delays with the bank.

Offline rustbucket

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hi redi30,

That's a great offer for servicing. It means for at least two years your costs would be rego, insurance and fuel  - that is if servicing  means that the cost of fluids and bits are included.

RB

Offline jayem

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hi rustbucket,

I called around a few different Hyundai dealers in South East Melbourne for the 12 mth/15000 kms service and I was quoted prices between 230 and 285 (I believe this includes bits and pieces like oil/oil filter - whatever the service passport says on it).  I only just had my free first service done but I also had oil change (apparently to clean out any possible leftovers from the factory) which cost me 50 bucks for fully synth castrol oil.  Most dealers I believe have  "service while you wait" available and some even have a mobile unit for an extra 20 bucks.  But the mobile unit is not suitable if you need something major(ish) done to your vehicle.

Offline rustbucket

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Thanks all for the info. Might be lucky enough to score some freebies too :D .

RB

Offline Hi30

• 2nd Gear
Quote from: "rustbucket"
Thanks redi30 and dazz

That's good to know. Talking to a neighbor about our loaner i30 and she mentioned that the next service on their Subaru forester was up around 2000. That's scary for a grease, oil change ,a few bits and some checking.

Rustbucket

Yeah..subaru service cost is hell expensive. I was thinking to get the Impreza RX last week since they have driveaway drive deal at the moment. However, I rang their service department and found out about their interval service cost way too high so I decided to put off my purchase. For an impreza, the interval service is 12500 kms or every 6 mnths whatever come first. The first service is $180 at 5000kms, 12500kms/6 mnths cost $280-$300 so it would costs at least around $600 a year...and even more expensive  at 50000km ( $500-$600) :( Cost twice to run compare to my i30 petrol. Tempting to get the i30 desiel but I want to try a different brand...maybe I wait until early next year for the facedlift corolla with esp & tcs..oh...my i30 last service costs $260 but I paid $45 extra for wheel balancing,rotate, very happy..

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
My Tucson 60k service cost $550.  When I drove it home I could smell burning oil.  Took it back the next day to check for leaks etc - all OK.  800km later, could still smell it.  Checked the oil level to make sure it wasnt going down....  Overfilled!  Idiots had filled it up  over the distance between E and F - about an inch too high!  I rang the service manager and told him I was pissed off and concerned the crank windage had frothed up the oil, damaging the engine.  He told me to take it to a local mechanic and have the oil changed again to the correct level, as I live 80km/s from the dealer.  He suggested I keep an oil sample for analysis to check the bearing condition, which is what I was going to ask for if he didnt already suggest it.  All this is at their cost.  I'm a bit reluctant to take either of my cars there now.  I kept another sample of oil just incase something happens later on down the track.

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
My 15,000km cost me $193, no extras though lol

Offline Seoul-mate

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, Queensland
My 15 000 service cost the about the same as ozsnowman's.
Russ
  • i30 1.6 Diesel (03/08- 09/12), MB B200 (09/12 -->)

Offline gregm

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Wynyard
I was quited $313.29 for the 15,000km or 1yr service in tassie & $520.78 for the 30,000km  service, & $759.12 for 90,000km service.
Greg

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Quote from: "gregm"
I was quited $313.29 for the 15,000km or 1yr service in tassie & $520.78 for the 30,000km  service, & $759.12 for 90,000km service.
Greg

Hi Greg,

You might be better off getting services at a reputable service centre or garage if the dealer is quoting those sort of prices (assume auto isn't any dearer than manual to service?)

Try David at Wright's Automotive Goldie Street Wynyard (I have contacts everywhere.. :cry: )

Hope wife enjoys the car...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
but no fuel card now.....

Why don't UK service shops offer fuel cards?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline davet

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Coffs Harbour

• Rides: i30 crdi SLX white
Quote from: "redi30"
We don't have to worry about the 15,000 and 30,000km service as we received vouchers from Hyundai yesterday to cover these services. They say it is for waiting for such a long period of time. :D

Likewise I got these same vouchers in the mail yesterday.  Pleasant surprise (certainly not something I raised with the dealer so looks like it is a HMCA initiative).

Car had 1000K free "service" today (I would guess it is really just a check over).  When I went to pick it up they said it's just waiting on the wash (bummer - I just washed it myself this morning - what a waste of effort!).

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal