i30 Owners Club

Dash Mat vs Dash protectant

Offline ttc

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Browns Plains, Brisbane

• 2016 GD i30 crdi
If only it was a joke, but this dude has a serious lack of smart. I had a $30 ebay dash cam in the truck and I couldn't work out why whenever he used the truck he would turn it off. Turns out someone told him it was hooked up to the internet and I sat at home on my days off and watched what the truck was doing. He believed it and even warned the other drivers not to use it because of it. I was very much wtf.. figured if he was dumb enough to believe it I wasn't going to tell him any different   :evil:
  • 2013 Active Crdi

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
^^^^^^^^^^^ :rofl: :rofl:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
I thought dashmats were retro, not had them in one of my cars for 10 years. I just do the Armour All spray every 6 months, but in OZ the Armour All seems to fog up ones windscreen, what say ye?
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I thought dashmats were retro, not had them in one of my cars for 10 years. I just do the Armour All spray every 6 months, but in OZ the Armour All seems to fog up ones windscreen, what say ye?
I use a dashmat to reduce reflection, protect the dash, possibly keep the car a bit cooler in summer (don't get as hot as a bare dash) and... I think it helps to reduce that fog on the windscreen which, I believe, sometimes just comes from the dash plastics  :confused:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!
Not a fan of dash mats. I also don't like the residue that migrates to the window when I've Armour All'd the dash of previous cars.
Until I've found one that doesn't migrate, I am leaving my dash naked, the only protector being the screen reflector I purchased from the US that fits the i30 window perfectly.
  • i30 Premium 2012 1.6l Diesel

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
If God had wanted i30's to have dash mats he would have fitted them in Korea. :faint:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline Stinger

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Munno Para, South Australia
    • My Personal Photography page. Feel free to "like"!
This is supposedly good, never tried it myself though..... :undecided:

303® Aerospace Protectant 16oz.
~ Fantastic Product! Many Thanks!, I used it and does not leave any residue or the "greasy" look you get from the other stuff, bit expensive ($24 AUD) but well worth it. All I did was spray a microfibre cloth a couple of sprays and that was enough to do most of the car.
  • i30 2013 GD Elite, White.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
That's good to hear, Stinger.... :goodjob:

As I've mentioned previously, I bought a bottle of this stuff last week but I'm yet to try it out.

BTW, still on special at Autobarn for $19.99 if anyone else is interested....

Offline Stinger

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Munno Para, South Australia
    • My Personal Photography page. Feel free to "like"!
That's good to hear, Stinger.... :goodjob:

As I've mentioned previously, I bought a bottle of this stuff last week but I'm yet to try it out.

BTW, still on special at Autobarn for $19.99 if anyone else is interested....
I think I paid $19.99 for it, but was not sure if it is on special still...
I used a "wet" and dry cloth, wax on/wax off style. Be very careful not to get it on the glass or on clear plastic. I don't think it will damage it but I did get a little on my touch screen and the glass, was hard to get off, had to use a paper towel and iso-pro.
Was the only product on the shelf I have seen, that Is Guaranteed to be UV resistant. The Macquires stated that it was UV resistant, but after closer inspection on the bottle, it stated that it cannot Guarantee the UV resistance past 1 month, I also saw on all of the products (except this one) that they have massive warnings on where u can use it, if i can recall correctly this can be used on all surfaces.
Hope this info helps.
Rant Over :)
  • i30 2013 GD Elite, White.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal