i30 Owners Club

Quick i30CRDi - make it even quicker!

Razy · 46 · 19660

Offline whitlinejim

• 1st Gear
Hi Guys ,

I think Razzy may have Whitline mixed up with Selbys as here at whitline we do not make custom swaybars and have not designed a swaybar for the I30.

Selbys were in the old Whiteline building and did custom swaybars so maybe he had one made there but they closed shop about a month and a half ago.

Sorry for the mix up that might have been made but to save your phone calls or emails with dissapointment i thought we would clear up on here that we do not have swaybars for the I30 at this stage and have no design coming in the near future sorry.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Jim .. Feel free to Buy an i30 and visit more regularly.... :wink:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Well i can suggest that you change turbo..

On my 1.6 liter crdi i'm planing for Intercooler upgrade (just ordered it at tuesday :) ), and to change turbine. I already have one from 2.0 liter Tucson. It's also VGT so it should work like a charm - we will see. I already did ChipTuning (115hp->136hp / 255nm->306nm), and we are looking if we can get SMT6 or some other standalone or piggyback system to replace the simple ChipTuning.

I will stick with 16" rims, but front brakes will be upgraded to 300 mm disks and i'm looking to put on brake calipers from New Santa Fe :) . This should be some kick ass  braking power :D

My service guy is manufacturing on his own LSD - well it's LSD insert but it works like a charm I had it on my Elantra 1.6 L petrol :)

Sounds good m8, i would expect they would use a larger Turbo in the 2.0 as would need to to compress enough air to meet slightly larger displacement, but if you put it on the 1.6 i think you will loose some low end grunt, i love low end grunt and think the 1.6 has reasonable low end but i would like more low end and not more top end, i'm happy with top end as it is, as here in Australia we drive like old women ha ha, we think we drive fast but we don't as too many limitations in our speed laws.
do you think it will feel like a two stroke? like dead at very low revs then come on with a rush of Torque when the turbo starts to work eficently?
also nice to meet you
cheers

Offline jason117

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Mum says I'm special...Newcastle NSW
    • Flickr Photos
Hi Guys ,

I think Razzy may have Whitline mixed up with Selbys as here at whitline we do not make custom swaybars and have not designed a swaybar for the I30.

Selbys were in the old Whiteline building and did custom swaybars so maybe he had one made there but they closed shop about a month and a half ago.

Sorry for the mix up that might have been made but to save your phone calls or emails with dissapointment i thought we would clear up on here that we do not have swaybars for the I30 at this stage and have no design coming in the near future sorry.

Thanks Jim,

I was one of the few who has contacted you regarding the sway bar, and although you were unable to supply one, your prompt and professional reply was much appreciated.
Some of the other suspension suppliers could take a leaf from your book with regards to customer relations.

Jason

Offline andrejs

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
      Zagreb
Well i can suggest that you change turbo..

On my 1.6 liter crdi i'm planing for Intercooler upgrade (just ordered it at tuesday :) ), and to change turbine. I already have one from 2.0 liter Tucson. It's also VGT so it should work like a charm - we will see. I already did ChipTuning (115hp->136hp / 255nm->306nm), and we are looking if we can get SMT6 or some other standalone or piggyback system to replace the simple ChipTuning.

I will stick with 16" rims, but front brakes will be upgraded to 300 mm disks and i'm looking to put on brake calipers from New Santa Fe :) . This should be some kick ass  braking power :D

My service guy is manufacturing on his own LSD - well it's LSD insert but it works like a charm I had it on my Elantra 1.6 L petrol :)

Sounds good m8, i would expect they would use a larger Turbo in the 2.0 as would need to to compress enough air to meet slightly larger displacement, but if you put it on the 1.6 i think you will loose some low end grunt, i love low end grunt and think the 1.6 has reasonable low end but i would like more low end and not more top end, i'm happy with top end as it is, as here in Australia we drive like old women ha ha, we think we drive fast but we don't as too many limitations in our speed laws.
do you think it will feel like a two stroke? like dead at very low revs then come on with a rush of Torque when the turbo starts to work eficently?
also nice to meet you
cheers

we will see, but it should not be a problem, cose turbo is not that much bigger, only bigger holes for more air :)

we will see :)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline Pol1on1

• 2nd Gear
Yes you can get much higher speed on the straight road with a 6speed gearbox which they make for the 2.0ltr crdi i30 the USA and i think most of europe has it for acceleration look in to performance tyres worth a try every milli sec counts!!!  :D :lol:
if you do get the 6speed tell us how is works  :wink:

Offline MartyL

• 1st Gear
Hello, I've haven't heard of HBT before, would you have a link to HBT site?
My projects will be a lot milder but I hope it still rewards. My aims are to have the tyre/wheel, brakes sorted. Then the rest of the suspension. Only when that is sorted will I add power till the car (can it be? ) overpowered, not sure if that could happen lol.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Hi everybody,

In regards to the strut bars:

I bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hyundai-i30-Blue-Line-Front-Upper-Strut-bar-/260590327282?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cac64d5f2

Looks a completely different bar to the one in your pics, alinsslx.....Still got the hole you could walk through though..... :P

Offline paul

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Brighton
Furry dice = 25 more bhp
(when combined with a go faster stripe)

alinsslx
Ah thanx Rusty :) that hole is becoming a celebrity by now :)
It's working well.
Yes, the listing is funny because there are different strut bars that vendor sells, depending on your engine, if petrol or diesel.
I would have liked the flat thicker one , not the hexagonal one, but that's the only that fitted my car.
I was gonna buy the white bar from the second vendor that I listed here, but he did not guarantee that it'll fit my car so I didn't want to risk it.
I just hate buying off Ebay then having to wait several weeks to get it, then send it back, then have another one sent.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
So have you noticed any improvements to your car with the new strut on? if so what did you notice?
cheers

alinsslx
Hey Lakes,

I LOOOVE my car now, IT HANDLES BETTER.
i CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT A DIFFERENCE A STRUT BAR MAKES, i'M TALKING ABOUT WHEN CORNERING A BIT FASTER, BUT ALSO JUST FOR REGULAR DIP, DRIVEWAYS, ROUNDABOUTS, POTHOLES HUMPING.

It does not shake or tilt or twists around corners nowhere near as much as before.
I'd imagine if I lowered the car, gotten kings springs and shockers, better tires it would smoke, however I use this thing for training people and not for racing.
In other words it makes the car more rigid which is good for everything including response around corners.
For $100 including delivery, this thing is worth it.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hey Lakes,

I LOOOVE my car now, IT HANDLES BETTER.
i CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT A DIFFERENCE A STRUT BAR MAKES, i'M TALKING ABOUT WHEN CORNERING A BIT FASTER, BUT ALSO JUST FOR REGULAR DIP, DRIVEWAYS, ROUNDABOUTS, POTHOLES HUMPING.

It does not shake or tilt or twists around corners nowhere near as much as before.
I'd imagine if I lowered the car, gotten kings springs and shockers, better tires it would smoke, however I use this thing for training people and not for racing.
In other words it makes the car more rigid which is good for everything including response around corners.
For $100 including delivery, this thing is worth it.

Sounds great! will have to look into it.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal