i30 Owners Club

service

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
Yes... the day had to come.... 60.000 km on the clock... 

Service went without a problem....  got my new break pedal installed as they couldt lubricate the squeaking noices coming from it... and yes now its silent...so im a happy panda :P

i also got other problem fixed... lately i noticed that when drivin over speed bumps and other persons... eehm.. nvm the last bit... :mrgreen: but when driving over speed bumps.. with a " normal" speed ..ehm. lol ...  some strange noice (sounds like plastic rubbing against each other)  came from the rear end of the car....  at first i though it was some of the stuff im havin in the back... but i removed it all to see if the sound was gone... but it kept being there... so i took out the spare wheel and all the shit (tools jack etc)  and it was still there... then i removed the cover (the thingy u can put ya hats and shit on).. still the same.... so i gave up..   i told the mechanic when we went over the details for what extra things he had to look at the time as the 60k service..  and he would look at it and see if he could find the problem.... now.. as i was waiting for my gf to show up to pick me up and go home...  i waited like 15mins... then he came out to me and said he had fixed problem... bloody 15mins and i used days looking for that lol...  oh well the problem was : sitting on the hatch is 4 rubber dampers... which prevents the hatch touching the back of the car and also make sure the hatch is closed evenly ... those rubber dampers seem to have becomed : "dry" and he used some silicone on em and sound was gone... god dammit what a easy fix!!!
ill post a pic later so u guys can see what im talkin about or just go open ya hatch and u will see em right away...  8)

cheers dan

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hey Dan - that's the first thing I would have looked at :lol:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
Hey Dan - that's the first thing I would have looked at :lol:

yeah RIGHT!  :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Dan,

Nice to see ya.. your posts are always entertaining to say the least  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal