i30 Owners Club

broken speaker??

Waja · 7 · 2987

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
hey, i dont know if any body else has this...but when i put my volume down to about 5 on my stereo, i noticed that there is a kind of off sound coming from my back left speaker..(slx) so i thought it might be the song...changed the song...listened to the speaker and it sounded like the paper on the cone of the speaker has broken or or there is some kind of odd warbling sound coming from there? Becomes a massive irritation when driving with the volume down low...

would you think that the speaker is broken already or there would be some kind of loose connection or something? any help would be appreciated..

thanks

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Just go straight to your dealer.. do not pass go (do not collect $200) .... :D

The only thing is I hate pulling off door trims  :(
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
=P yeah. i considered changing the speakers myself..but after looking at one of the diagrams that....tzwientjuh? i think posted...but truthfully...i dont mind the stock sound system...oh the choices! lol...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

My sound quality (SLX) is a bit inconsistent but think it is related to the quality of some of my 128Kb MP3 rips.. must try some higher quality stuff  ;)

ouri30
Dazz,

Re-ripped all my CDs at 192Kbps a couple days ago and IMHO here is a noticable improvement in sound quality.  Now have 62 CDs in total on a 16Bg flash drive with room to spare.  I estimate I should be able to fit approx. 200 CDs at 192Kbps on the 16Gb drive.

Tink,

Suggest you give your service manager a call and take it in so they can get the problem sorted.

Bob

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Quote from: "ouri30"
Dazz,

Re-ripped all my CDs at 192Kbps a couple days ago and IMHO here is a noticable improvement in sound quality.  Now have 62 CDs in total on a 16Bg flash drive with room to spare.  I estimate I should be able to fit approx. 200 CDs at 192Kbps on the 16Gb drive.

Yeah .. I ripped one song at 256kbps and tested that (big difference)

Quote from: "ouri30"
Tink,

Suggest you give your service manager a call and take it in so they can get the problem sorted.

Bob

I "Tink" he should as well...

Offline Dave

• 2nd Gear
Re the crook speaker, I had a previous car rust proofed and they sprayed inside the doors and wrecked the speakers with rustproofing goo. They sounded awfull and wonder if this could be the case here?
Re rustproofing I was offeredl offered an electronic dingous proofing device for $800 but being old fashioned and a cheapskate I settled for a $400  goo spray. Helps to sound deaden as well Great!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal