i30 Owners Club

Whats a decent price these days for a aircon Re-gas ? - 2008 SUZUKI SX4

Misha · 5 · 8517

Offline Misha

• 2nd Gear
  • Sir Newb

• au Australia
      ACT
My wifes 2008 SUZUKI SX4 is in need of a re-gas for aircon.

NRMA service centre quoted $300 , is this high ? seems high.
  • 2010 DIESEL 1.6lt CRDi (BUILT MAY 10), AUTO SLX FD5DSLX16D31, black

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
These days it's not just a simple re-gas, strict laws now mean the systems require full tests and faults rectified before any re-gassing is performed.

A simple re-gas once would have been at least $150, now you have a checklist of tests that need to be performed first with mechanical labour costs topping $160 per hour.

Offline Misha

• 2nd Gear
  • Sir Newb

• au Australia
      ACT
These days it's not just a simple re-gas, strict laws now mean the systems require full tests and faults rectified before any re-gassing is performed.

A simple re-gas once would have been at least $150, now you have a checklist of tests that need to be performed first with mechanical labour costs topping $160 per hour.

Damn, did not know that. Explains the huge jump in price i was expecting to pay.

Is it at all worth attempting for a novice to do myself ?
  • 2010 DIESEL 1.6lt CRDi (BUILT MAY 10), AUTO SLX FD5DSLX16D31, black

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Is it at all worth attempting for a novice to do myself ?
I'm fairly sure refrigerant gas being a restricted substance you probably wouldn't be able to purchase without a licence, and if it can be obtained from some eBay seller or otherwise it's still illegal for anyone without a license to use.

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
If you regass with a existing leak it will be gas in, gas out. Been there, done that afew years ago. Bit of a waste of money. So it's wise to a get leak check done using dye as indicator.
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal