i30 Owners Club

The USB slot in compartment behind hand brake, mine does nothing?

Offline jambonsambo

• 1st Gear
Hi there ,

In my second hand Hyundai i30 cw there is a compartment behind the hand brake that has an audio in to play an mp3 through the car stereo aux in, next to it is a USB slot. However this slot does not charge any of my devices/phones / vaporizers even while engine is running.

Should it ?

Is this possibly an electrical issue or damage to that USB port or shouls I be activating it some how or is it to play mp3 files of a thumb drive?

Your insights much appreciated,
J
  • Hyundai i30 CW

Offline BC

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Melbourne, Australia
On my FD, it's used to play mp3's from a thumb drive & from memory didn't work as a charger.
  • I30CW CrDi

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
^ agreed. My UK 2008 FD had the same geometry and played USB pen drives no problem, but as a data port not as a charging port.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
It doesn't charge ENOUGH but it does do A LITTLE.

My setup is the same (hence I created two USB slots between the 12V sockets under the stereo).

I can use the slot in the armrest for playing music and audio books but I can also power my Bluetooth receiver for playing off the phone and hands-free calls. While its audio connects via the 3.5mm jack, its USB charging cable goes straight into the USB slot beside it and keeps it running indefinitely.

• Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal