i30 Owners Club

Malcolm doesn't like all the bad NBN reporting

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Ah, at last we get some sensible unbiased reporting of the wonderful NBN.  :snigger:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
What technology is being adopted and whose side is who on...?

Is it a fibre or some advanced copper network?
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Just hook me up already.....

You won, your vision of the NBN is the one to be built. So build it

Whilst the highest speeds if Labor's vision can't be achieved, most could not afford them either, if you need speeds like that, hook up to private companies, or pay to wack in fiber from your place to the node.  Simple.

I know the NBN company was hopelessly behind their targets, and you will need to restructure and refocus (perhaps talk to some companies like Vocus who are laying cable for businesses for a living).

So build it, I'm sick of paying a phone bill and an internet bill just to access the net......
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

ouri30
Just hook me up already.....

You won, your vision of the NBN is the one to be built. So build it

Whilst the highest speeds if Labor's vision can't be achieved, most could not afford them either, if you need speeds like that, hook up to private companies, or pay to wack in fiber from your place to the node.  Simple.

I know the NBN company was hopelessly behind their targets, and you will need to restructure and refocus (perhaps talk to some companies like Vocus who are laying cable for businesses for a living).

So build it, I'm sick of paying a phone bill and an internet bill just to access the net......

Hey, I'm not paying for phone and internet separately.  Our small country town has an IMAX wireless tower with data coming in via advanced microwave. Our telephone connection is an extra $10 on top of internet and calls are 15c untimed to anywhere in Australia. 

Telstra on the other hand uses copper or 3G but data comes in via an outdated microwave which causes a bottleneck best I've seen is 3.5 mbit ps, where as the private company is usually between 5-12 mbits ps.

The standard of our copper in the country is so poor that those that once used it for data have given up. 

I'm an advocate of the previous govt. NBA solution, but since we are going to a fibre to node solution, why use copper?  Why not look at recent developments in wireless from the node such as WiMAX which can also carry phone?

Copper - forget it!

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Well your lucky.

Took me forever to get an ADSL port thingy on the Telstra exchange (many years ago now), now I can't get naked internet......
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Well your lucky.

Took me forever to get an ADSL port thingy on the Telstra exchange (many years ago now), now I can't get naked internet......
Is that something dirty?
And how do I get it?
 :p
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Start with shirt and progress downward till there's nothing left to take off, then turn on computer and go to internet. :mrgreen:

Don't know what all the fuss is about, it's not that difficult.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal