VaerO · 14 · 2708

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
    • TUMBLR
Hello,

Ditas about to go in for her 15k service and I'm unsure as to whether or not I should bring up what I think is an issue with the drivers side leather seat. As you can see in the picture below the seat has moved away from the top of the head rest... I noticed this when I first got the car but didn't think much of it, could have just been the leather or supporting sponge settling into place. The passenger sides seat doesn't have the problem.

Does anyone else have this issue? And should I mention at the service? I kinda feel selling for making them look at such a small issue, but then I remember I payed 30k for this car!

PS, on mobile please excuse any spelling,punc mistakes.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Certainly doesn't look right to me,I would be pointing it out to your dealer to have it rectified.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• TUMBLR

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Looking at it from both angles it looks like the plastic guides have not been set correctly,have you tried pushing them downwards to see if they clip back into place.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
The fact that the passenger seat is different makes it something to mention on your next visit. If it was me, I'd try reclining the back to remove the headrest and then try pushing the 'holes' deeper into place. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Try grabbing the headrest and pulling it forward, use a bit of force but within reasonable limits. Some have an active headrest which may not be settled in place properly (I just can't remember which vehicles have it) if i come across a GD premium tomorrow I'll check.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Leave it as it is & show them at next service. as if you try to fix it you might find they will notice & try to put the blame on you. i would think like Rick the plastic clip not holding but let them sort it out & keep going back till it is right.
Also complain as that does not look like leather to me.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Leave it as it is & show them at next service. as if you try to fix it you might find they will notice & try to put the blame on you. i would think like Rick the plastic clip not holding but let them sort it out & keep going back till it is right.
Also complain as that does not look like leather to me.
:whsaid: except the leather bit.. you won't win that one :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• TUMBLR
Yea I might leave the leather bit out, I wounldnt win lol. Also when my lights are on I only get the Parker symbol light up on my dash, isn't there meant to be a low beam symbol as well?

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• TUMBLR
Update: Dealer took a look at the car today (15k service) and they are going to order a new seat back!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:17:32 by VaerO »

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Update: Dealer took a look at the car today (15k service) and they are going to order seat back!

It's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline VaerO

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Wagga Wagga, NSW

• TUMBLR
I also pointed out that the sunroof was starting to rattle and when I went back in to pick up the car the Hyundai rep told me that him and a Hyundai technician test drove my car and a new i30 and compared the two. They come to the conclusion that the noise is normal behavior. Should I believe this?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
IMO no, you don't buy a car to have it rattle. They would have to explain why the rattle is present and why it can't be fixed and even then I would insist that they fix it.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I also pointed out that the sunroof was starting to rattle and when I went back in to pick up the car the Hyundai rep told me that him and a Hyundai technician test drove my car and a new i30 and compared the two. They come to the conclusion that the noise is normal behavior. Should I believe this?

Cars are not supposed to rattle, if they all do it, then they have an issue....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal