i30 Owners Club

Cruise control playing up.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Lubricious has been playing funny tricks on me lately :mad:

I've noticed two intermittent problems with the cruise control:-

1. When re-engaging cruise control while accelerating, Lubricious surges quite erratically between when I re-engage and the speed at which was set. It's almost like kangaroo hopping.

2. When the cruise control is set at just above 40kph, I cannot increase the speed by using the accelerate button.

Any thoughts (apart from a stern talking to)?
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
2. When the cruise control is set at just above 40kph, I cannot increase the speed by using the accelerate button.

I thought the "cruise" didn't work at those speeds anyhow? 
Vaguely recall reading something in the manual about it....  :undecided:

Got me curious now, I'll have to try mine out later....

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Cruise control can only be set at speeds above 40kph. I use it a lot at that speed as a lot of the military bases I work on have a 40kph speed limit. I get the speedo needle just a bee's dick over 40 and engage cruise control.

The second problem I mentioned only happens when I use the cruise controls to accelerate from the setting just above 40kph.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Cruise control can only be set at speeds above 40kph. I use it a lot at that speed as a lot of the military bases I work on have a 40kph speed limit. I get the speedo needle just a bee's dick over 40 and engage cruise control.

The second problem I mentioned only happens when I use the cruise controls to accelerate from the setting just above 40kph.

That sounds like an admission of guilt, UM.  The speed limit is 40!!  Not "a bee's dick over 40".   :whistler:

Those marching troops, which have right of way, may be struck down by the speeding UM in Lubricious, which, I might add, would be a nice way to go.  You would then have to "re-bling" a new car, and it would never, ever, replace Lubricious.

Notwithstanding, I have no idea about your cruise control problem.   :head_butt:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Snap!

No sign of a problem on mine, though.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline druggist

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Hyundai i30 SX CRDi 1.6 manual CW 2010 MY11
I have a long standing problem with the cruise in mine (and the headlights).

I will be doing 110 on a freeway with cruise control set. I come to a change in speed zone, say to 100, and arrow down on the RH button and the cruise control switches off sporadically.

Dealer has replaced switch on steering wheel &  brake sensor switch twice to no avail.

I regularly drive up the M1 to Newcastle from Sydney. Last week it played up from Morisset to Newcastle but had been OK from Hornsby to Morisset (about 1 hour and 105km). Trouble free on return trip.

I have managed to replicate once for dealer but they haven't been able to replicate with their computer dongle plugged in.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Fatboy, thanks for reminding me that Lubricious must hit formed bodies of marching troops at 10kph, not 40kph. :goodjob: :goodjob2:

BTW, have you ever seen a bee's dick? :rofl:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

BTW, have you ever seen a bee's dick? :rofl:

Here you go, Um...  :snigger:

You can't fool me, rustynutz, that's a selfie. :rofl:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

You can't fool me, rustynutz, that's a selfie. :rofl:

It's still bigger than yours... :P

Only by a bee's dick :rofl:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
UM, can't remember if your's is auto or manual? but i alway try to select a gear that engine rev is at about 2k as your on max torque. i have never had a drive of an auto i30 Diesel so hard to compare, but my manual's CC not prefect , still does the job & if in 3rd gear @ 40kph & set it will hold that speed

druggist i know that stretch of road well, can't say i've has the CC problem that it turns off when i set to different speed , but the headlights have always been a big let down for me, as the Australian made car i had before the i30 had good headlights as it came from factory. still the i30 is a much better all round car for me.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Lakes, Lubricious is an auto.

Offline i30 Esteem

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Newcastle

1. When re-engaging cruise control while accelerating, Lubricious surges quite erratically between when I re-engage and the speed at which was set. It's almost like kangaroo hopping.

Is it dealer fitted cruise control? I haven't had any issues with mine, however the Mazda3 we got rid of has the exact same dealer fitted control module.
I had the same problem you are describing with the Mazda, and what's more, it even jammed in accelerate mode a few times.
  • [His: FD i30cw SX Man. CRDi] [Hers: FD i30 SLX Man. 2.0]

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
In UM's defence, I use the cruise at 'just above' 40 and the GPS registers 38 0r 39. My troops are all safe. Don't take any crap, UM. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

In UM's defence, I use the cruise at 'just above' 40 and the GPS registers 38 0r 39. My troops are all safe. Don't take any crap, UM. :goodjob:

That's why the call me  :noshits: :drinks:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Is it dealer fitted cruise control? I haven't had any issues with mine, however the Mazda3 we got rid of has the exact same dealer fitted control module.
I had the same problem you are describing with the Mazda, and what's more, it even jammed in accelerate mode a few times.

Thanks for you post esteem. It's a factory job. The surging problem only ever happens if I reengage cruise control while accelerating.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal