Don't care
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: January 09, 2009, 08:23:45

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Next poll: Date? Poll after: bbq or pub? Poll after that: ZigZag R/Way or no? Poll after THAT: who wants to vote in another poll?

RE Trip dates, I can make myself available most weekends except Australia Day w/e, when I'll be in Melbourne.

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Next poll: Date? Poll after: bbq or pub? Poll after that: ZigZag R/Way or no? Poll after THAT: who wants to vote in another poll?

RE Trip dates, I can make myself available most weekends except Australia Day w/e, when I'll be in Melbourne.

Mind reader.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Can I amend my vote to "I don't care, but my wife will need to be feeding the baby every 2 hours which restricts my travel time to 2 hour intervals"? lol. In other words, I'm the culprit with the 200km vote.

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Can I amend my vote to "I don't care, but my wife will need to be feeding the baby every 2 hours which restricts my travel time to 2 hour intervals"? lol. In other words, I'm the culprit with the 200km vote.

Rubix

That's fine mate, at this point the trip is 194km long (the google maps showing this is a few posts ago from me) with at least 2 (3 if we stop at Zig Zag railway) stops on the way.

Unless there's a big swing in the votes I apologise to the member who voted <100km as the majority seem to fit with the current projected route.

As stated before I will end this poll and restart another (on this thread so as not to incur the wrath of Shambles  :lol: :lol:) sometime this weekend, so please if you haven't voted and are considering coming please do so!

Regards

Daniel

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Wrath? Give over mate. I just keep the peace   :wink:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Ok guys there haven't been any new votes for a few days so I've changed the poll early.

It is now WRT what date you would like the trip to occur on.

Unless there is a major protest I think we will go with the route I've proposed (start Penrith - Richmond - Bells line of Road - Pending vote Zig Zag railway - Lithgow - Great Western Highway - Penrith) See my post bottom of first page for google maps showing the route.

I'll let this poll run for the next week or if there are no further votes after 2-3 days I'll go to the next one.

Regards

Daniel

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

allow multiple responses, because some people can make multiple dates.
also expand on the dates "Sat 3rd Jan" so unorganised and ...er - "not so quick" people like myself don't have to open up a calender! :P

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Personally, I would prefer a Sunday as I work Saturdays and couldnt make it. Jan 4 or 11 sound good to me. I voted later in the year, than wanted to change my vote but couldn't.

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Personally, I would prefer a Sunday as I work Saturdays and couldnt make it. Jan 4 or 11 sound good to me. I voted later in the year, than wanted to change my vote but couldn't.

Sorry Eyma but I can't allow revotes, I'll keep you in mind though.

It looks like the 11th is shaping up to be the day at this rate....... but still plenty of time for that to change.

Regards

Daniel

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
I voted the 11th.
I'm hoping to get a few days off around that time (maybe...not set in stone just yet)

Its funny because one of the VW forums is planning a meet up on the 11th aswell (up at Stanwell Tops probably)
hehe..
:)

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Why not allow revotes? Someone originally wants 4th, something comes up, 4th no longer viable, 11th more viable... and for multiple votes, if 5 people can make 2 different dates, 1 person can only make one, you'll get 6 on that date, so everyone happy. If single vote only, the 5 plus 1 could be split between 2 different votes...

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Why not allow revotes? Someone originally wants 4th, something comes up, 4th no longer viable, 11th more viable... and for multiple votes, if 5 people can make 2 different dates, 1 person can only make one, you'll get 6 on that date, so everyone happy. If single vote only, the 5 plus 1 could be split between 2 different votes...

Sorry Rubix should have elaborated further.

I can't change options such as this when I amend the poll to a new topic, the only way to do it would be to open multiple threads, as this would take up more bandwidth and create a few problems for the mods, so I've chosen just to stick with the 1 thread.

Each time I change the poll the only thing I can edit is subject and options. Continually asking the mods (who have greater access) isn't really fair on them.

If this is a big issue for many people, can they please select 'I don't care' and then post what dates are preferable? Thanks

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Just keeping this thread up top and visible for anyone who just hits 'unread posts since last visit'

Please get your votes in by Friday, at that point it will be a case of majority rules (which at this point is Sunday 11Jan with 3 votes, the later in the year is meant to be 11th Jan)

Regards

Daniel

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

4 attendees so far!!!
Well, it should be 10+ if you include our loved ones :D

Who's RSVP'd? I shall be there definitely, even if I have to drive this Tiida loan car that I've got at the moment...

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
4 attendees so far!!!
Well, it should be 10+ if you include our loved ones :D

Who's RSVP'd? I shall be there definitely, even if I have to drive this Tiida loan car that I've got at the moment...

Well I'll try take two of this (before I accidentally hit back right before I was going to post and lost the whole lot)

I'm hoping we'll have at least 20 people in total. Because at that point a group booking (and cheaper tickets) becomes an option.

I've been doing a bit of homework and currently I have information regarding full and discounted prices for the 1.5hr return trips (which might be a bit to long for our Canberra members attending.

There is also a 'half' trip which runs for 45mins. The website does not specifically say the price of these tickets but I think it might be the same as the one way tickets. I'm looking further into that.

Anyway below are the costings, some might consider them a bit pricey, but I think it's definitely worth it.

Full return fare      Discounted return fare            Full one way fare

Adult                                 $25.00                        $21.00                             $19.00                                 
Children  (5-16)                  $12.50                        $11.00                             $9.50
Concession/senior              $20.00                        $18.00                              $15.00
Family                                $62.50                          N/A                                  N/A

Note: Website does not mention anything as to what options 'Family' can be i.e. 2 adults 2 children, 1 adult 3 children etc etc
         Children under 5 must be accompanied with fare paying adult, for insurance purposes a 'complimentary ticket' is supplied for them.

I'm just putting this information up now to give everyone a heads up as to what the go could be with the Zig Zag. At this point in time it is still only a possibility pending the results of the next poll. The next poll will go over each of the options wrt Zig Zag (including not going).

For more information please have a look at www.zigzagrailway.com.au

Finally if anyone has anything to ask/add. Please do!!! This meet will only be as good as the effort that we put into it.

I would very much like to make this meet the benchmark that other meets will be compared to for a long time!!!

That's all I can remember including in the original post, hopefully that covers it all. If not the post button isn't to far away...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards

Daniel

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
Thanks for the info Daniel.
I should be able to attend all going well.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the time factor.
What time do we plan to meet at Mulgoa Road?

I think it will take me about 2.5hrs to get up there from Nowra.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Us Canberans will have a similar trip to meet you there. :D

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Hi all

Time is very much a factor that we will have to balance. Unfortunately that will mean another poll....... (I can here the groans already, but i think it's the easiest way) You guys down south are something that I've been fretting over quite alot to figure out how to work this, and not watch the 6 o'clock news and see your car wrapped around a tree whilst returning home......   :eek: :eek: :eek:

Furthermore here is the list of discounted 'Half trip' fares it looks like they are a discount on the one way tickets, so if we don't get 20 people in total we will have to pay the full one way fare for the 'half trip'.

$15.00 Adults - $13.00 Seniors - $9.00 Child.

Regards

Daniel

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

If we try to catch the 11am ZZ train, so we could be back in time for lunch around 12:30-1pm, then with 2 1/2hrs to get there it would be a 8:30am start in Penrith - so you Canberra folk would be up by 6am!!!

If we try to catch the 1pm ZZ train, with the 2 1/2 hours to get there, and then lunch would be at 2:30-3pm (is that too late?) or if we have lunch @ 12pm BEFORE we catch the 1pm ZZ train, it would be 9:30 leaving from Penrith, so a 7am start for the Canberra-siders.

Finally, if we catch the 3pm ZZ train, we could lunch from 1pm-2:30ish, so starting at 10:30am from Penrith would allow the Canberra guys an 8am start. This would also mean we'd have a bit more relaxing lunch. Only thing is, we finish in Penrith at about 6:30-8pm (depending on how many places we stop for drinks on the drive after the ZZ train ride), so you'll be back in Canberra by 10/11pm.

I like the last option  :mrgreen: , but that's what voting's for.  :lol:
Cam or Eyma - just make the executive decision :P

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
How about we reverse the trip direction? Go up the GWH and down Bells? That way we can have lunch in Lithgow...... then onto Zig Zag?

I think this could make things a little interesting.....

GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Making me think to much!!!!!!!!  :P :evil: :eek:

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

You're right, the opposite direction makes sense. Shorter distance to lunch. I hope Encountar knows of some nice watering holes between Clarence and Richmond...

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia

If we try to catch the 11am ZZ train, so we could be back in time for lunch around 12:30-1pm, then with 2 1/2hrs to get there it would be a 8:30am start in Penrith - so you Canberra folk would be up by 6am!!!

If we try to catch the 1pm ZZ train, with the 2 1/2 hours to get there, and then lunch would be at 2:30-3pm (is that too late?) or if we have lunch @ 12pm BEFORE we catch the 1pm ZZ train, it would be 9:30 leaving from Penrith, so a 7am start for the Canberra-siders.

Finally, if we catch the 3pm ZZ train, we could lunch from 1pm-2:30ish, so starting at 10:30am from Penrith would allow the Canberra guys an 8am start. This would also mean we'd have a bit more relaxing lunch. Only thing is, we finish in Penrith at about 6:30-8pm (depending on how many places we stop for drinks on the drive after the ZZ train ride), so you'll be back in Canberra by 10/11pm.

I like the last option  :mrgreen: , but that's what voting's for.  :lol:
Cam or Eyma - just make the executive decision :P

I think I'd rather the first one.
I dont mind getting up early. I just dont want to head back too late.

In saying this though, just because I dont want to head back later doesn't mean the whole trip has to be changed to centre around the people further away.
I'll just work around whats happening. Whether I skip the train ride and just meet you up there for lunch or something.

Whatever we do, I'll get to meet everyone, see some lovely i30's and take lots of pics!
:D

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
I kinda like the middle option, but I am with Cam, I will go with what ever is decided.

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
middle sounds good.

and there is plenty of places ot stop for beer/coffee. the apple bar is one of them, great cappacinos!!!

im just trying to work out the lunch idea... we could have a bbq or a pub lunch, depends on what people would prefer

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
Now you mention it, the middle one does look quite good
:P

I love a bbq, but I'm just as happy with Chicken Shnitzel and Chips with gravy
:D

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

I can never think about what food I want in the future when I've just eaten! But messy as a BBQ can be, and time consuming, and full of flies, they're usually great with a good beer. Easier to chat over a snag/steak than in a crowded restaurant. And also easier to cook a fresh Barbie @ 2:30-3pm than find a restaurant that wants to serve fresh food.

Don't know what you guys are thinking about the 2 option 2's, but it'll be hard to squash lunch in before the train whether it be barbie OR restaurant, so lunch could end up 2-3pm. Bring snacks!

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Ok

Next vote will be all about Zig Zag and whether we go or not. (Not going is still an option, but it seems everyone is pretty keen)

I'll include options for all 3 trains times and full and half trip's, not going, don't care etc etc.

I'll leave this up to you guys to decide, as per usual majority rules, if there isn't a majority I'll make a D.

Anyone who hasn't voted yet for Date PLEASE VOTE NOW! I will be closing that poll at some point on FRIDAY!!! (Probably around 12pm EDST but could be later or earlier)

Regards

Daniel

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Hi guys

Latest news is this:

Family tickets are for 2 adults and 3 children. The cost for the discounted half trip family ticket is $39.

They have told me if we are just under (I'm guessing 17-18) they'll still give a group discount. (How nice of them)

I won't need any personal details from anyone, just the number attending and which associated ticket is required for each.

I will need firm numbers by Xmas. The next poll is all about Zig Zag and will run from this Friday 12Dec to Friday 19Dec, after the results of that poll are collected, I will take figures via my personal Email to keep confidentiality. (Please let me know if it is not showing in my profile and I will fix it)

Lastly (and I know I'm harping on but) PLEASE VOTE! So far we only have 6 votes and I know there are more than that wanting to attend!!!

The poll is important for me to keep track of things.

Regards

Daniel

Offline G14Classified101

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gosford
Guys im up for a cruise. Am i going to be the only petrol driver? Coz dont leave me behind with an empty tank. hehehe. January 10/11 sounds fine.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal