i30 Owners Club

Blue Mounatains meet Mk2

Poll

What month would you like to do the meet?

April
4 (50%)
May
2 (25%)
June
1 (12.5%)
July
0 (0%)
August
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Hey all

Yes I'm already starting it. But I don't think it will happen anytime soon. Maybe April ish? Make it a 3 or 6 month thing? April could be either very good or very bad as it's the term 1- term 2 school holidays.

Different route this time, it also is rather Optimistic on a number of levels. Firstly it assumes the GWH upgrades will be complete and no more will start, Secondly it's more than 100km longer and therefore needing people to commit more. (I know the Canberra boys were stretched to and maybe even a bit beyond there limits for the 1st one, so it might unfortunately exclude them).

Here's a link with the proposed route. If you don't like it please feel free to say so, I'm more than happy to accept other suggestions.

We start again in Penrith, travel up Old Bathurst road, with some very windy and steep but unfortunatley short hill climb. Jump onto the GWH at Blaxland, possible stop at Springwood either on trip up or return, for a cuppa or beer, stop at the 3 sisters at Katoomba, through to Mt Panorama for lunch on top of the mountain and a few laps, then returning through Lithgow making another nice hill climb up Chifley road, passing (but not stopping at) ZZR, jumping onto the link road back out to GWH, and then either stopping in Springwood or continuing back to Penrith.

So what does everyone think?

Regards

Daniel

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

I'm not going to comment for another month or so, to get the last meet out of my system.
Oh dang it.

Offline blawler

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I will commit to this now.

I am in..

I might have to get some modifications done before then.. :-D At least a set of wheels..

Offline misswicket

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brighton Le Sands

• Sydney Australia. Vivid Blue SR
Sounds great, It would be great to say G,day to a meet a few of you. Can't commit yet cause I am still waiting for my car, but I would like to hope I have taken delivery by Easter.
Cheers all :razz:

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith

Offline spillmill

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I'm thinking this might be fun for me to drive down from QLD for!  Probably will stay a night near sydney then do this the next day :)  As long as you guys will be able to lock it all in a week ahead or so?

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
I'm thinking this might be fun for me to drive down from QLD for!  Probably will stay a night near sydney then do this the next day :)  As long as you guys will be able to lock it all in a week ahead or so?

Wow somebody is keen!

But I have no complaints, will be good to see another Vivid Blue CRDi SLX.  :D

At this point nothing is definite. But please watch this space!

I would really like to break the 10 car mark at least.

Better still get around 20, split into 2 groups take the opposite legs of the trip and meet in the middle at Mt Panorama.

The possibilities are endless! I would love it if we could make it a collective effort organising this and putting forward suggestions etc etc.

Regards

Daniel

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Had to say no this time around :'(
Had an absolute blast the first time around, but as you rightly pointed out, it is stretching the trip a bit starting out from Canberra.
I will say though to anyone thinking of going who didn't attend the first meet,I recommend you join in :D
We all had a great day out on Jan 11. The more the merrier

Offline G14Classified101

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gosford
i was just about to ask if anyone wanted to do a hunter valley run, with some wine tasting, but this sounds great. Im in. This time i wont bail out. I might even be turboed by then so i will shove your CRDi torque where it belongs up them hill climbs. Hehehe, Jokes.

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
i'd like to do a hunter valley run.. in a minibus and just got winery to winery and get trashed :)

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
i was just about to ask if anyone wanted to do a hunter valley run, with some wine tasting, but this sounds great. Im in. This time i wont bail out. I might even be turboed by then so i will shove your CRDi torque where it belongs up them hill climbs. Hehehe, Jokes.

Well when I first started the thread (for what would become the 11Jan09 meet) the intial option was the Blue mountains or Newcastle region (Blue mountains is where my folks live, Newcastle is where I currently live), unfortunately Newcastle didn't favour well in a poll and it was decided to go with Blue mountains.

Personally I don't really know much about the Hunter region and would love someone to show me around some good driving areas.

Perhaps you might want to start your own thread G14 and try and get some interest in it? I'd definitely come (work permitting) as long as it's after April and not late July (my current commitments).

As for Blue Mountains Mk2, April is definitely the earliest that it will be happening.

Regards

Daniel

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hey mate.

I am still to get my car, but I'd love to go for a drive March/April! If you can confirm the date at some point (don't feel I'm pushing for a date!), but I'll more than likely be able to come.

PM me and we could trade mobile numbers etc to see where we're at.

PS. I live in Campbelltown (western Sydney).

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
BUMP

So where are we with organising another meet. I am pretty keen.

Even if the mountains doesn't happen, I was thinking of organising something down to Goulburn, as then our Canberra friends can join us almost half way...

Offline OiOiOi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Warrimoo

Not a problem regarding the meets. Hopefully the next one will be even bigger and better!

Do you see many i30's up your way? I unfortunately don't get to visit as much as I would like. I've only seen one on the odd occasion.

Regards

Daniel

Aaah, the mountains, I like the great panoramas, the skylines and forests.... :wink:  I'll try and make the next one you are already organizing, there used to be some great roads to drive on out that away! Hmmm the road over the Range between the Hunter and Mudgee might be worth a try?

I'm seeing more Oi30's every day and the kids have got the spotting bug, and no, I'm not being one-eyed and only seeing Oi30's.  :D

Cheers,

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Looks like we have one unhappy camper.........

I'm sorry guys that nothing has happened with this. I've been rather busy, just getting a chance to have a look at the forums is hard enough.........

If someone would like to take the reins of this I'm more than happy for them to run with it. If not it may take some time for this meet to come to fruitition.......

Regards

Daniel

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I'd put my hand up for trying to organise something, it's just that right now I am being thrown around on shift work, so my hours are rarely "planned".  :lol:

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
I'd put my hand up for trying to organise something, it's just that right now I am being thrown around on shift work, so my hours are rarely "planned".  :lol:

I hear what you are saying mate. I'm in the same boat. That's why I haven't spent much time thinking about this.......

However I'm going to throw up a new poll asking what month would be most preferred over the next few months.

Regards

Daniel

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

• Was Crystal the i30 SR, now Courtney the Getz-tacy
Count me in when it happens  :D

:idea: I might even mention it to Hyundai and we might get in their magazine!

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Haha, now that would be fantastic.

I can finally have an excuse to take pictures of my car without feeling like the only sad sack to be doing it!!  :lol:

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

• Was Crystal the i30 SR, now Courtney the Getz-tacy
I can finally have an excuse to take pictures of my car without feeling like the only sad sack to be doing it!!  :lol:

hehe nah me too. People wonder what this bloke is doing taking pictures of a white Hyundai. I just counted, I have 83 pictures of Crystal and I've only had her 4 months  :eek:

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hah, yeah mate. I took my car to Holsworthy train station car park (multi-level carpark) as it was raining a few weeks back, and 5 transit officers came up to my mate and I and asked what the hell we were doing, and why we weren't out partying!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal