i30 Owners Club

Sydney Summer Cruise- December 2009/January 2010

Duckman · 14 · 3573

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hey guys, was thinking about a day cruise, possibly through one of the many national parks in our beautiful city.

Reply here if interested, and note where you'd like to drive!

I usually drive through the Royal National Park, which runs from the Sutherland Shire (around Engadine) through to North Wollongong, down the coast. Doesn't take too long, however with plenty of photos, I'm sure we can make a day of it, including a lunch down at Thirroul beach or thereabouts!

Offline magicRob

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Continental Silver i30 SR
I'd be in. A drive to the Gong and back would be cool. Or to Cottage Point / Akuna Bay. Or Mount White :) So many drives.

Although I'm about to start commuting to Melbourne during the week so depends on the weekend and when I'm in Sydney (or Melbourne) and if I leave my car down in Melbourne (I'm usually flying down on a Sunday and flying back on Friday).

Offline michael_i30

• 2nd Gear

• Central Coast, NSW, Australia
I'm up for it.  North of the Harbour Bridge would be preferred for me..

Offline sweetbix

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I'm in. :) Don't particularly mind where..a trip to the Gong sounds good to me.
  • 09 Auto SR 2.O Petrol

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Excellent. I'll draft something up shortly, and we shall go from there. Hopefully more people can join us :)

Offline hayseed

• 3rd Gear
Woo. If you guys are stopping in Gong for lunch, I'll be able to join you (seeing as it's my home town and all.) :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Woo. If you guys are stopping in Gong for lunch, I'll be able to join you (seeing as it's my home town and all.) :D

The gong featured on secret millionaire the other night it was an interesting story...(Sorry for the off topic :wink:)

P.S. I will try to join one of these tours one day...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
You can be forgiven for not showing up Dazz, you're only "overseas"!!

But seriously, would be great to see you there, as well as anyone else who's keen :)

bez10y
Depending on the day I reckon I could make a trip to the gong or surrounds :D

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
If you want a serious fun drive, go from Albion Park to Robertson. I think it's called Macquarie Pass.

If you have no one hold you up (I've been stuck behind some shocking drivers who seem to freakout at the slightest curve in the road along there...... :evil: :evil: ) it is one of the best drives I've done.

Depending on when etc etc I'd like to come down.

Lunch at Albion Park airfield would be good aswell. This is where the Historical Aircraft Resotoration Society is based.

Regards

Daniel

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Yeah, Macquarie Pass is great. I usually do this drive late at night, so then I don't get stuck behind people who think that 10km/h is a fair speed to crawl up the pass. I'll see how many people we can get :)

Offline IMCRZY

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Wollongong

• Wollongong, NSW, Australia
If you want a serious fun drive, go from Albion Park to Robertson. I think it's called Macquarie Pass.

If you have no one hold you up (I've been stuck behind some shocking drivers who seem to freakout at the slightest curve in the road along there...... :evil: :evil: ) it is one of the best drives I've done.

Depending on when etc etc I'd like to come down.

Lunch at Albion Park airfield would be good aswell. This is where the Historical Aircraft Resotoration Society is based.

Regards

Daniel

I live across the road from the airport.... :evil: (loud assholes) Gotta love Maquarie pass (i take it alot slower these days) But in the days of my R33 i made the run from the bottom of the pass to the pie shop in 7 mins.... (at 3pm tho lol)

Also i will be in for this cruiz or meet you guys when you get down this way... depending on which way we decide to go

Offline IMCRZY

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Wollongong

• Wollongong, NSW, Australia

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Heh, I think so. Sorry guys, got back from Christmas holidays and haven't even had time to think about organising a cruise...  :-[

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal