i30 Owners Club

RAF Leuchars 2012 - Static Display Aircraft.

Guest · 3 · 1390

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
I have spent the afternoon sorting and uploading this years selection of photographs from this years Annual Battle of Britain At Home day held at RAF Leuchars yesterday.  I will apologise now for the quality of some of the shots, it was actually too nice a day in the sky and the crowd line was unfortunately forced into taking many shots towards a very bright sun and battling the fierce wind at the same time.  Many of the planned displays just did not happen due to the 20-60 knot winds which battered the airfireld and all the people on it all day, I found myself being blown off balanace many times.

It is also obvious from some shots that the mirror in my camera, despite my own best efforts, requires professional cleaning, something I will have to look into getting done, I hope the occasional mark does not detract from your enjoyment.

Onto the static display aircraft then.

Eurofighter Typhoon.

Typhoon's business end.

Tornado.

Typhoon and Tornado.

B-52.

KC-10 Extender.

The UK version of the KC-10 is the VC-10, just taken out of service a couple of weeks ago sadly, this will be the last time we see this aircraft on a live field.  :fum:

The Boeing E-3D Sentry AWACS.

Another Typhoon. Behind it the Bombardier Sentinel R1 is a highly modified version of the Global Express Business Jet.

French Alphajets.

The replacement for the "steam gauge" Hawk T1 is the computerised version, aptly named the Hawk T2.

The B52 says it on the tin!

• Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Yep some very good quality images there bumpers, well up to your usual high standards. 

Thank you  :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for these Brian, still got a few to check out.. A lot of work in posting that many photos (so very much appreciated  :goodjob2:

I love airshows! Unfortunately with our relatively small population they are few and far between in Tassie  :disapp:

I reckon you would have enjoyed taking all those shots .. I always enjoy giving my cameras a run  :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal