• Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Guys,

Just as a point of discussion (off topic - who me :geek:

Cheers,

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
My VT ran roughly around 10l/100km usually, dipping down to the 8's on long trips, and even once down to 7.6 when I was stuck in the middle of a truck convoy heading up the Newell - those big rigs displace some air :)

Offline i30Dave

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Adelaide, South Australia - Steel Grey SR i30
    • http://www.i30ownersclub.com
My current car (98 Excel) does 7ltr/100km  or around 35ltr/500km

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
my last car (kia rio 2003) was rated at 7l/100k though i think i was gettign better then that
filling up for under 50 bucks and getting 500-600 k's from that 50 bucks WITH thrashing it alot :D (small car had ot rev it to get it to get up and boogy)

link to my old car on ebay if your interested
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Kia-Rio-2003-Wagon-52-000Ks-MY2003_W0QQitemZ130227277813QQihZ003QQcategoryZ35227QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Encountar,

Used to work with a lady who loved her little Rio (same model as yours) Unfortunately, although similar shape to the I30 they just look a bit odd to me...

Reckon the current model Rio is a better looking car although interior is not quite up with the current Getz I.M.O.

Cheers,

Dazz

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
Yeah the interior is pretty bland, but that was my 2nd car and i couldnt of been happier with it even for econmy it done well, when i used the kia to get to queensland i managed to get 700k's from 1 tank, that was insane considering my last car, a holden rodeo i used to get to school and back was a gass guzzler and would barely get 400 k's from a tank

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I know what you mean about Rodeos. My last Company vehicle which I returned in about October last year when I retired from my last Managers position was an excellent vehicle  (Top of the range Rodeo LT Dual Cab) was quiet and powerful with 6 stacker CD, Cruise and all the bells and whistles but ... it only did 2 trips to Launceston and back on a tank (the i30 will do 5 return trips and still have fuel left). Even though I had a Company fuel card it still made me feel guilty.

Offline JarrahBark

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah
OK Darryl my son lets get back to a real car.

I drive a red i30 diesel auto with cruise control. Included in my usual running is a trip to the top of the Perth Hills up Jarrahdale Road. Climbs is 200 metres in 8km.

First 2,800 kms looks like this

Exact distance 2,806kms from new
Fuel 140.77 ltrs
Fuel cost $240.75
Average speed 44.7 km/hour

Therefore

5.02 lt/100 km at $0.09 per km fuel cost

I have to be happy with that ... and am

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi JB...

Glad you found us!

The economy you are getting out of your Auto is amazing (Do you wear slippers when you drive!)

Reckon Hyundai might end up making you their Pin-up boy  :lol: ...may there be many more...

Rgds,

Dazz

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
My 350z gives me 19mpg (14.5L/100k?) and and 75spm (smiles per mile).  :mrgreen:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hey Jarra, is Dazz a barstard child m8? :mrgreen:  :D
now i'm a misserable barstard and drive an i30 diesel that uses less than a 3rd of what the Ute used. but i could easily put a few i30's on a trailer and tow them with the ute but could not do the same with the i30,  but the ute is not that bad for a falcon with a 330 cubic inch motor and auto trans with 206,000k up it gets 10.2 per 100k in the bush easy up hill's up mountains they don't seem to effect economy and can drive reasonable fast, in the city gets from 12 to 14l per 100k. the i30 has got a best of 4.4 per 100k bush and a best of 4.9 per 100k city and its still improving i can feel its got more low end grunt now than new 5,000k up. i'm useing mineral turbo diesel oil

Offline davet

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Coffs Harbour

• Rides: i30 crdi SLX white
Last car was a Honda Accord Euro - was great around town (8-9 l/100km)and fantastic on a trip (6.5-7.5 - no doubt assisted by good CD (.26 - Prius is .25 I think)..  Before that I had 2 Calibras - 16V then a Turbo 4x4.  Non turbo was lighter and more economical but both could do Sydney-Gold Coast on a single tank (more than 800 km at around 7.3l/100km  for the turbo and 6.7 l/100km for the non-turbo).  The Calibra was one of the most aerodynamic cars of its vintage (.29 CD).  The 4x4 was a great drive - looking forward to another turbo (when it finally arrives... :| )

Dave

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Davet...

Interesting previous vehicles. The Honda Euro has a very good reputation (have ridden I one - nicely appointed too) Hondas have always been pretty good on fuel...

The Calibras were a bit under-rated (bit of a sleeper in Australia) The non-turbo was caned as a bit gutless and saw few if any 4x4 turbos down here in Tasmania. Really liked the interior on the Calibra (lusted after one for a while but got cold feet due to fairly poor resale value)

Very interesting.... :D

Cheers,

Dazz

Offline awj2005

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Busselton
Hi,

i used to own a 1994 Mitsubishi Magna an that was doing between 12-13 litres per hundred km and now with the i30 im doing around 7 litres to 7.5 litres per hunded km and im enjoying the saving!

cheers
ash

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain
My previous Getz was 7,7 and My i30 is now 7,6.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal