i30 Owners Club

BP Ultimate Supplies

Offline Brew69

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide SA

• 2010 SLX CRD 1.6 Manual. <3 (continental silver)
Ok, i put 56l of ultimate in today. I have previously only used Vortex. I will post my findings. Initial thoughts after 50kms is that performance is better. Maybe it was my imagination lol.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
thanks m8, wish we had the choice here in NSW. what do they charge for the ultimate diesel? like here a Mobil charge $1.24.9 per L , & a Caltex near by charge $1.34.9 for Vortex Premium Diesel

Offline Brew69

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide SA

thanks m8, wish we had the choice here in NSW. what do they charge for the ultimate diesel? like here a Mobil charge $1.24.9 per L , & a Caltex near by charge $1.34.9 for Vortex Premium Diesel
I can get the Vortex for 128.9 and with 4 cent shop a docket it's pretty good value at 124.9. My local Woolworths Caltex Servo sells the Vortex.
The BP Ultimate is 132.9 with no discount. So the Ultimate will have to be brilliant to warrant the extra $.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
See today that BP share have taken a hit on the stock market due to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

So...................... will this lead to a hike in price world wide
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

• Was Crystal the i30 SR, now Courtney the Getz-tacy
I think it might, longer-term. It probably depends on whether the regulations about drilling for oil change. Doesn't seem to be so far though.

There are constantly oil spills all over the world but because this one is off a major industrialised country it's getting a lot of attention. I suppose that might be a good thing if it helps make people more aware of what's happening out there - be a bit irritating if you live in Nigeria or something and nobody ever says or does anything about the oil spills in your country...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Adds a whole new connotation to the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"  :wink:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I just can't believe the amount of oil which is spilling out.

Does anyone know whether they can process the oil they recover from the sea?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

• Was Crystal the i30 SR, now Courtney the Getz-tacy
Adds a whole new connotation to the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"  :wink:
Not wrong Dazz, the squeakiest wheel is copping a WHOLE lot of oil right now...
Does anyone know whether they can process the oil they recover from the sea?
I was reading the BP site the other day and they said they were going to donate the proceeds of selling oil they recover from the sea, so I guess they probably will be able to sell at least some of it. Don't know what the percentage is that they can recover... Or if you get fuel system corrosion from all the seawater in your fuel.   :wink::lol:

Offline Brew69

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide SA

Ok, i put 56l of ultimate in today. I have previously only used Vortex. I will post my findings. Initial thoughts after 50kms is that performance is better. Maybe it was my imagination lol.

Well afer 400kms i would have to say i am sure the car is more responsive using this fuel. My consumption is on 5.4/100kms and on target for just over 1000kms. My ave speed is only 35kph so economy is pretty good for that low speed ave.
I think though, i probably will stick to the Vortex next time, unless the prices are a bit closer. 

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I can get the Vortex for 128.9 and with 4 cent shop a docket it's pretty good value at 124.9. My local Woolworths Caltex Servo sells the Vortex.
The BP Ultimate is 132.9 with no discount. So the Ultimate will have to be brilliant to warrant the extra $.

I don,t buy vortex diesel from Woolys, the vortex i get is from Caltex that don't have shopping docket discounts. i think they are different fuels. i know the petrol is, my petrol car would not run as well on woolys fuel carboned up idle sensor, so i stopped useing that supermarkets fuel.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Well afer 400kms i would have to say i am sure the car is more responsive using this fuel. My consumption is on 5.4/100kms and on target for just over 1000kms. My ave speed is only 35kph so economy is pretty good for that low speed ave.
I think though, i probably will stick to the Vortex next time, unless the prices are a bit closer. 

good to know, thanks m8, do they say they have a small percentage of bio in the wools vortex up there? people have said some vortex diesel has some bio added, but never came across that myself in sydney yet.

Offline Brew69

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide SA

I don,t buy vortex diesel from Woolys, the vortex i get is from Caltex that don't have shopping docket discounts. i think they are different fuels. i know the petrol is, my petrol car would not run as well on woolys fuel carboned up idle sensor, so i stopped useing that supermarkets fuel.

Are you sure they are different? Our Caltex Stations over here are called Woolworths Caltex. They have banners out the front saying "we sell Vortex premium    diesel

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Not 100% sure on the diesel, but here NSW the wooly's caltex  look the same as wooly's caltex in other states . next time ask if there is bio in there diesel. Daniel said he saw "could contain up to 2% bio " on the Caltex Vortex pumps in Newcastle. but i have never seen that at the servo's i go to, still check let me know.

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Hey Lakes

The Woolies Caltex at Lambton, Dedicated Caltex at Swansea and The twin Servos on the F3 all have 'May contain upto 2% bio diesel'

Dedicated Caltex at Rutherford and Richmond do not.

I can't remember but the one at Merrylands may, haven't been there in sometime.

I can't think of any other stations that I have filled up at, but I've definitely gone past plenty of stations which have Vortex Diesel banners and signs up, who knows which ones do or don't.

A email that I received from Caltex said that ALL Vortex Diesel contained upto 2% bio diesel. Just to further confuse things............

Plus the email I previously posted stated that the Ultimate would have Bio in it as it's been mandated by the Guvmint.

Regards

Daniel

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Thanks Daniel, when you first told me about the bio in Vortex, i noticed prices on Vortex Diesel at that time had dropped to close to the same as other diesel, now its a lot more expencive and a lot more of it around. my motor runs stronger on it so i'll keep useing it. but we just have to hope, as some service station's you would not know what they drop in for a profit. still i try to go to the same servo every fill up now. and i keep every docket. if you do that. you have more amo if you get bad fuel. a stack of fuel purchase dockets from same outlet for the past 6 months. they can,t question that.
cheers

Offline Brew69

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide SA

Just clocked up the 1000kms on this tank and the DTE is flashing at me. The local BP has ultimate for 127.9 so i'll be filling again tomorrow. Pretty impressed with the way the car accelerates on BP Ultimate.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
ultimate diesel for 127.9?? jebus thats cheap!! regular diesel has been going for 129.9-132.9 around here :(

Offline Brew69

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide SA

I think i know why it was so cheap. After 50 kms my trip computer is showing 7.1l/100kms. I've never seen numbers like that.How could the same fuel be so different in this tank?

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
my family and friends wont go any where near a bp because of their oil spill clean up efforts,what a joke.!!  and before they are allowed to start drilling they must explain in detail if they have a spill how it will be stopped and cleaned up.its obvious they have no experience or knowledge in such a spill at all.and now people handling the oil in the clean up are falling ill,but that's another area for bp to go into denial.  :mad: :mad:    [ I've gone off topic, sorry.]
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Brew69

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide SA

I think i know why it was so cheap. After 50 kms my trip computer is showing 7.1l/100kms. I've never seen numbers like that.How could the same fuel be so different in this tank?
Ok it seems to have sorted itself out. 300 kms now and sitting on 5.2.

Offline Brew69

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide SA

My last tank was Vortex and it proved to be the worst fuel economy i have experienced. Back on BP Ultimate, and straight away better economy and smoother acceleration. And it's down to $124.9 at Mawson Lakes.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal