i30 Owners Club

GD keyless entry button issues

Jyrsa · 2 · 3255

Offline Jyrsa

• 1st Gear

• fi Finland
I have a 2014 wagon with the fancy keyless entry. In the past year or so the button on the driver side door handle has started acting up. At first it would freeze when the handle got wet at cold temperatures but now it's gone entirely erratic.

Compared to the passenger side button it seems to be physically stuck and doesn't make a click like the other button.

Is the handle with the keyless entry button easy to replace or should i take to an authorized repair shop? Can one be ordered from somewhere? I seem to only be able to find the handles without the electronics. What would the parts code for it be?
  • 2014 GD Wagon, Diesel 1.6, Manual, Metal Gray

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi,

It's 3.55am over here and I should be asleep, so I might be on the wrong track entirely..

I don't think you need a new hhandle or button. I'm guessing when it was freezing in the past it put a strain on the actuator (electronic solenoid switch) which unlocks that door. That is not an easy DIY fix but there are instruction on here somewhere I think or you could try youtube... most Hyundai/Kia model would be very similar as in how they work/look internally I imagine.

As far as sourcing a replacement goes, a secondhand part from a wreckers would be a cheaper but riskier option than a new part from a dealer or online store. With the current situation sourcing parts can be a little harder/slower unfortunately.

Hope that helps a bit. Others mighy have parts numbers and/or different opinions.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal