i30 Owners Club

General discussion - spare parts prices - shop around!

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
G'day all. I'd like to preface this with spent 7 years in spare parts at SCA. I finished up there last year but I just wanted to bring to your attention the importance of shopping around.

I needed a new diesel filter for Bertie. The Ryco (z615) was about $150. So I go price a genuine at Hyundai - $124. So then I go to Kia, little bit better at $88. Ended up purchasing from Will's auto parts on eBay for grand sum of....$54 delivered.

Aside from the Ryco, these are all the exact same genuine filter. Yes you buy cheaper brands, generic z615 for a td5 for about $20 - I wanted a guaranteed fit because I don't want to go to all the effort of removing the old one again just to reinstall it because SCAs part system led me astray with z707 - its a different thread for fuel sensor  :rofl:

So please, remember to shop around. $70 saving is is worth waiting a couple of days for postage.

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
i30 sunvisor $560 from the dealer. $50 delivered off ebay.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW

Offline slick

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
The filter for the diesel GD I30 is so annoying. I have a wagon and a hatch both diesel both GD. The hatch is slightly older 2013 takes $50 z707 but newer 2015 wagon filter was z615 at $150 . You would think that more expensive filter is 3 times better but it's just connection that's different

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

• 2012 i30 CRDi Active Hatch (GD) + 2015 i30 CRDi Elite Tourer (GD)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal