i30 Owners Club

Lakes & Dazz Rambling

Lakes · 9 · 3297

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hi Derek.. That is what I averaged over the 28 months I had mine (and I blame that on Tassie being quite hilly)

Some of our OZ members who live in flat areas of South Oz and ACT can get under 5.0 average  :scared:

Dazz i think Bob in SA was averaging 4.3l /100k & Thumper said he got down to 3.9l/ 100k both had trip computers.
Best i've seen for a compleat tank full was 4.3L /100k that was 1,300K b4 i needed to fill up. i got 4.9l/ 100k last weekend useing airconditioning all the way two on board crossed the Bluemountains my trip was not flat it's hilly and some roads very twisty & rough. depends how you drive.
in Sydney traffic & comuting i average 5.2  to 5.5l/ 100k towing a trailer with two harleys on it 6.5L/100k
that was an 8x5 trailer the ball weight was 60KG but the total weight was right on limit @ 750KG so i'm happy i have 80,000k trouble free. i'll probably be selling it in 10,000k as i think value would drop too much after 100,000k

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Best i've seen for a compleat tank full was 4.3L /100k that was 1,300K b4 i needed to fill up. i got 4.9l/ 100k last weekend useing airconditioning all the way two on board crossed the Bluemountains my trip was not flat it's hilly and some roads very twisty & rough. depends how you drive.

i'll probably be selling it in 10,000k as i think value would drop too much after 100,000k

I think I am good at driving economically .. the Hybrid is rated at 6.0 (combined) and I am averaging 6.1to 6.2 overall which is closer than I could get to the CRDi ADR of 4.7 Lph.

I am convinced some CRDi (including yours and perhaps Thumpers) have an extra sweet motor (The only way I can explain some of your economy results)

I could only ever get past the 1000km on a very full tank (and not much past it) :goodjob:

I agree thatt 100,000 is a bit of a psychological barrier with resale value.. Hope you buy another i30 seems to suit your situation and needs  :mrgreen:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hey Dazz, that is indeed good going on the hybrid. i have let friends drive my CRDi & none of them drive it the same as i do, they all shift at a higher rev. i'm used to driving diesel trucks and i short shift. i shift up @ 1,900 tp 2,000 & get it in 5th.

will be hard to beat the i30 CRDi i know but i've started riding my Harley, so i won't be trailering it to race i'll ride to the track.
if i get a good price for my i30. i'll think about a new one, if the price is not so good & value has dropped i'll look at something else but it will be small & fun to drive. maybe a VW golf GTI? but i'll wait and see.
have you got any Idea's about a good fun little car in this size?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

have you got any Idea's about a good fun little car in this size?

Funny you should say that.. The wife is starting to warm to the idea of trading her Tiida on something with a bit more kit (and I have started wondering if I want to spend A$10,000 + (me and my big mouth)  :-[

If it were me it would be out of a tarted up i30 CW SX Diesel or a Ford Fiesta Diesel Sedan (But she doesn't want a diesel and as she only does about 7 or 8k a year probably hard to justify the added cost)

She wants something that looks nice with Electric Windows and comfy seats and reasonable pick up and not too squeezy .. after looking at most of our options today the short list is i30 CW 2.0 ltr, Kia Cerato Sedan,  Lancer SX sedan or possibly base model Mazda 3 - don't want to spend much over 20,000 as only a 2nd car..

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Sorry to hijack to thread.
Dazz i've been thinking its hard to beat a 2.0Lt turbo diesel in a small car for reasonable fun drive, here in australia. as a high performance petrol four cyl in a small car are mostly forced induction ( turbo or supercharged ) so the need to used slower burning higher octain premium fuel. 95 - 98 & the cost of that is more expencive than Diesel & they use more of it. just i would have to test drive the cars to see what they are like to live with.
cheers

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

1.4 and 1.8 Turbo Petrol like some of the VW, Skoda range seem to have a good mix of performance and economy but the wife won't consider a VW because .. wait for it... she saw an old VW beetle desintegrate in a crash about 50 years ago  :rolleyes:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Dazz they have good economy but they drink premium fuel, i filled up my Harley with BP 98 ultimate and it was $1.50 per litre, lucky i only needed 12 litres :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Think 98 might be even dearer down here in some parts! So maybe the wife is doing me a favour.. They are doing runouts on the trophy model CW for $21,990 drive away I think  (2010 plated) but not quite ready yet ...  :cool:

Offline ithurtydeesl

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Latrobe Valley, Victoria

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal