i30 Owners Club

How long is too long to wait?

Saint · 45 · 7058

Offline yggy

• 2nd Gear

• cs Serbia
      Zemun
My car was waiting for me to finish the paperwork ... whole 2 weeks ...

Offline waynebee

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Dubbo
Well it has been a while since I was last in. I noticed the 'how long' question and just had to answer..  it took 5 months for mine to arrive. The last week before I got my i30 I had to contact Hyundai, a couple of times to get any action. In all I it was not the best experience I have had purchasing a car.

There is a bright side, the car is great... and in the mail I received a cheque from my dealer reimbursing me for the cost of the iPod cable and mud-flaps, so a nice smile appeared.

Good luck with you wait, but it is a real pain.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Wayne Good to C ya .. So you're enjoying the car then... :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bdennis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
The wait is almost over..  8-)

Ship due to dock in Melbourne on the 12th-14th of Sept.
Car due at dealer on 24th or 25th of Sept.
Should be available for pick up on 26th or 27th Sept with Factory Cruise control (on SLX CRDi Auto).
2 hr drive or train trip to pick it up..
2 hr Drive home.

Offline bikejockey

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi bdennis,

Where'd you get that info - I've heard nothing from my dealer but my car might be on the same ship...

Did they inform you of any price rise?
  • i30 cw SX CRDI manual, Surly LHT

Offline bdennis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
BJ,
I got the info from my dealer..
They should know by now when the ship is due, if not they can contact Hyundai to find out.
I live in Victoria..
Then they know roughtly that it will take 10 days to get the car off the ship and up the road to the dealer (190km from the ship). So all info fairly easy if the dealer wants to check up and apply some logic..

Re the price..
I have a verbal that they will knock off the price of the after market cruise that I paid for (on the contact) from the total deal. So roughly worth $600.. I dont have it in writing but thats what im told and I have no reason to doubt what my dealer has told me.

My order is a CRDi SLX, Auto, Protectz, Silver, plus I added after market cc (but opted to wait for a Factory cc car). So the change of the Std esp does not really effect my order.

Offline davet

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Coffs Harbour

• Rides: i30 crdi SLX white
Should also knock off the price of Protectz pack, since ESP is now supposed to be standard along with the CC.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Davet...

No such thing as a free lunch. Think it is only fair to up the price $500 for the extra features (will be recouped in resale) "Model 2008+"

bez10y
I did 2 months of internet research and decided I wanted an i30 SR, Black or Steel Gray. Went to one dealership and they said 2-3 month waiting list so we decided to try another dealership to see if we could sweeten the deal and low and behold they had a Silver SR in the show room, it looked fantastic! Took it for a test drive, haggled them a bit to get free tinted windows and floor mats and within 3 days I was driving away in it...

I was really lucky to have grabbed it, I really love the Silver look now though I've seen a White SR and a Blue SLX and they both look pretty hawt. Let's face it, they look great in any colour. If I had the opportunity to pick a custom colour, I'd love to see one in Torana Orange ;)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
[custom colour, I'd love to see one in Torana Orange :D

Bez10y, I think Hyundai could get a bit more adventurous with their colours, especially with the SR.
Colours like the orange offered on the focus. A bright purple would look good too, I know my wife would have gone that way if offered

bez10y
Quote from: "EymaTeapot"
Colours like the orange offered on the focus. A bright purple would look good too, I know my wife would have gone that way if offered

Agree with you there 100% about colour options, I know that Mazda2 green seems to be fairly popular and looks pretty clean.

Offline Zef

• 2nd Gear
I'm curious if the waits most of you have experienced this year are on all the models or more so the diesel versions?  I ask because I am in the market for an i30 but will be looking at the base model SX petrol version and am wondering if the wait will be as long for this.  :?:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi again Zef..

From our experience ... the wait shouldn't be as long for an SX petrol (would imagine most dealers have them in stock  - just a case of one having your colour choice)

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
Got mine today...  Very happy.  Order went to the dealer End of August (around 27th I think)  Which makes it about 6 weeks. Cruise + ESP  See the pics section..

bez10y
Quote from: "LuciferDarklord"
Got mine today...  Very happy.  Order went to the dealer End of August (around 27th I think)  Which makes it about 6 weeks. Cruise + ESP  See the pics section..
w00t!!! :) :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal